Press Gang (Gaza Strip Chapter)

By Kieron Gillen on September 10th, 2007 at 9:01 am.

You probably haven’t read secret friend of Rock Paper Shotgun Oliver Clare’s review of Serious Game Global Conflict: Palestine so I’m going to link to it, as I think it’s worth thinking about. In fact, I already did by the time I said I was going to. And I’m doing it again. There’s no stopping me.

Do you know the way to the shops?

I haven’t had a chance to play it yet, as much as a journo-em-up appeals to me (I quite like the idea of being completely out of my depth and trying to interview Hamas about how to get past the end of level three in Rainbow Islands). It’s the sort of thing I wish there was more of. There’s a demo here, for interested parties.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. John Walker says:

Having played the first level, I fear it is little more than poopy-poo. Although I celebrate their trying. Perhaps calling themselves Serious Games was the first error.

2. DuBBle says:

I didn’t bother downloading the demo, opting to immediately purchase instead. The price of ten pound is a deserved gift to a developer that even attempts to scale this tumultuous issue.

3. Martin Coxall says:

Quick question: How “JEWS ARE EVIL!!!” is it?

I have a feeling it will have some insipid idiot-left bent. I’m not entirely sure why. Does it?

4. DuBBle says:

I’ve only played the first level. As yet, it’s handled a controversial issue in an even-handed manner.

5. DuBBle says:

Sorry for the double post. The first level involves an IDF raid on a home suspected of harbouring terrorist munitions. As a privileged reporter, you’re allowed to interview a diverse selection of witnesses to the event: Israeli soldiers, a ‘civilian’, and the suspected terrorist. You should construe from those inverted commas that the mission develops an auspicious level of complexity and an overview to the troubles that face both the Israeli and Palestinian people.

6. John Walker says:

It seemed very balanced to me. It’s Danish and everything.