Dead Island

By Jim Rossignol on September 29th, 2007 at 11:05 am.

The plot of Techland’s recently announced Dead Island promises a fun time: a tropical tourist resort turns into a zombie apocalypse. You, as a tourist on the package holiday to hell, must put things right and bash the horrors. It’s cocktails and crowbars on the beach as you battle with decomposing partygoers. Yum.

The perils of sunburn.

Techland promise open-ended first-person survival shootiness in a large island environment. Using the environment to drop things on zombies, and to find clubs to beat them with looks like it’ll be the order of the day. Your overall objective is to find your lost wife, who was presumably out shopping for a nice beach towel before the arrival of the undead. So it’s a sort of Stalker-comes-to-Hawaii. (Could the twist be that you are your own wife?)

I’m betting research was fun for this game: “Yes, we all have to go to a tropical paradise island for… authenticity.” Techland are also boasting “a liquid, gas and electricity physics simulation system, which allows you to create your own unique ways of eliminating enemies”, which is a claim I’m sure I’ve heard somewhere before…

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. SteveTheBlack says:

Ergh, I can see right up his nose!

2. FringeRock says:

Am i right in thinking that you’ve just spoiled the plot of Stalker for me? How very dare you, I’d only stopped playing it because I wanted a new memory stick to play it smoothly. What’s the point now, huh?

On the plus side, I suppose you just saved me £50odd that would have gone on more memory. Cheers!

3. Jim Rossignol says:

OMG spoilers! Except that’s not the vital twist, just the super-obvious one. Stalker’s end reveal is a bit more convoluted than that. (Although not exactly the reason I was playing the game, I have to say.)

4. Kieron Gillen says:

Stalkers plot was spoiled-at-birth by the developers inability to write.

Love the game! But it’s hardly Planescape, y’know.

KG

5. Acosta says:

Yeah, don´t worry about that, is not the true spoiler (I must say I liked Stalker plot, but the narrative was not there)

6. Solario says:

Speaking of Stalker, anyone have a solution for constant save data corruption? I swear, everytime I log out, I lose the last six hours of gameplay.

And yeah, I haven’t reached the spoiler yet, but that one was obvious from the start.

7. Jim Rossignol says:

Solario: have you patched? The save game problems were mostly on unpatched Vista installs iirc.