Prepare Your Portals

By John Walker on October 2nd, 2007 at 10:23 am.

A quick note – Portal’s ready for pre-loading on your Steam account.

To celebrate, here’s a brand new exclusive screenshot of it. Click for bigness.

Brain Hurting

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Martin Coxall says:

Why is there a GILLETTE FUSION logo on the floor?

I hate pre-loading. It inflames my already grotesquely engorged impatience. I hate knowing that it’s just *there*. Mocking me with its encrypted bits. Dirty boy.

2. Andrew says:

Ooh.

Go go gadget Steam.

3. Seniath says:

“Why is there a GILLETTE FUSION logo on the floor?”

I think that’s the cross hair, from the looks of it, the coloured bits represent which portals you’re using, maybe duration left or something?

4. Seniath says:

Oh and yes, do want!

5. Homunculus says:

The game to break all brains.

6. Andrew says:

I actually thought while watching the Portal trailer “I’ll never be able to do some of these tasks”.

I live in fear of finding out that I actually can’t work them out.

7. Daniel Neve says:

Now you’re thinking with portals!

8. Bobsy says:

I bet it’s short.

9. Hamst3r says:

“Bobsy says: I bet it’s short.”

Sure, 4 hours the first time through the main game, they say. Then you can move on to the advanced chambers which were felt were too difficult as well as replay the original levels to complete specific challenges such as: Getting to the exit only using 2 portals. Getting to the exit within a time limit. Perhaps even getting to the exit by only using portals while not taking any steps.

I bet the mod community for Portal will start rolling out new maps within days of Portal’s release too. That’ll be fun.

10. Kadayi says:

“I bet it’s short.”

I bet it’s intense, which is more than can be said for a lot of games. Plus given that it’s shipping with 4 other products (one of which is MP game of the year imho) for a measly sum seems like an absolute bargain.

Comment on this story