Episode Two Pre-Loading

By John Walker on October 3rd, 2007 at 10:38 pm.

Rush to your Steam account – Half-Life 2: Episode Two is ready for pre-loading.

As is now traditional, here’s a never-before-seen screenshot of the game to celebrate.

The JohnwalkerMan has all the grabs

Click for enlargement.

, , .

1. Cigol says:

Heh, to be honest that screenshot looks positively medieval (graphically speaking). Still, preloading here I come.

2. Marco M. says:

Preloading in progress…

Someone should get Activision/id Software/Splash Damage/Whoever Decides Things for Quake Wars attention and point in the Orange Box direction: 24 hours to release and no pre-load yet.

3. Cargo Cult says:

Am I alone in wanting to stroke the new vortigaunts’ wonderfully soft, fuzzy skin?

You really need to see it up close. The screenshots don’t do it justice.

4. Monkfish says:

Just clicked the magic preload button.

Looking forward to seeing the vort’s new skin – not sure I’d want to stroke it, though… It does look a lot smoother than it used to – did the vortigaunts discover the joys of ironing between Eps 1 and 2?

5. John P (Katsumoto) says:

Bah, im getting a new pc on the 13th, so should really wait for that to play it. I suppose i’ve waited this long, an extra week or so can’t hurt! I’ll just play portal on this pc to pass the time I suppose!

6. drunkymonkey says:

That vortigaunt looks excellently detailed.

And dig those trees.

7. Kast says:

So I’m the only one who thinks the new Vorts look vaguely… wet? Wet and icky and eww.

8. Martin Coxall says:

New-look Vortigaunts? Phwoar.

9. Jonathan Burroughs says:

Finish some fights.

10. roburky says:

I hope I can shoot that wooden balcony the vortigaunt is on and make it fall down. I’ve been playing through the first chapter of Half-Life 2 again, and rediscovering the joy of being able to blast anything that’s wooden into splinters.

11. MaW says:

Cigol: I think you need to get your eyes tested… it looks great!

I recently replayed Half-Life 2 and was going to go through Episode One again in readiness for this, but it’s suffering the same kind of stuttering sound problems as BioShock which makes it unplayable, so I spent half an hour swearing at Vista and Creative Labs instead, then played Team Fortress 2.

Good thing I’m getting a new sound card soon (for free!), because I suspect Episode Two’s going to suffer the same sound problems, and it’s my only plausible next step short of reverting to Windows XP, which is just far too much hassle.

Hey Microsoft, Vista might be the final straw that makes me stop playing games! Then I’ll be able to devote more time to Linux hacking. Just what you wanted!