New NWN2 Expansion

By Kieron Gillen on October 22nd, 2007 at 8:52 am.

You wait for ages for a Neverwinter 2 add-on pack, and then you get run over by a bus, meaning you can’t play either of them. Someone get the cleric with the Resurrect sharpish.

Can I re-use my DrOW gag? No. No, I can't.

Anyway, following on from the recent Mask of the Betrayer, Atari have announced that there’s a digital download module-pack incoming. It’s Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate and it’s by Ossian Studios, who you may remember from the NWN premium-mod-turned-fan-favourite and IGF winner Darkness over Daggerford. It offers fifteen hours of adventure and – we speculate wildly – features more Kobolds than you could shake a +2 stick at. Download only, it’s to be released in Autumn 2007 which is now, so they better get a move on.

(Story via NWN vault.)

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. tom says:

daggerfall – daggerford getting your elves mixed up with your nords :)

2. Schadenfreude says:

Wow. I’ll bet Ossian were a bit nervous over getting involved in this after Atari cancelled the last premium module program and left them high and dry. Though they were in the midst of their serious cash flow problems at the time.

Interesting rant from one of the other premium mod teams here:

3. Marco M. says:

I still have to even start Mask of the Betrayer. And to check the latest updates to the toolset.

Team Fortress 2 first and Quake Wars later have taken way too much of my free time in the last month, I should probably ban multiplayer games for some time to catch up with the queue of singleplayer games waiting to be installed (Trackmania United has to be blamed too, I almost forgot). Though with Portal challenges still to be completed and Episode 2 demanding a second run with commentary on I don’t know how much helpful would that be. I must find someone with a flu and ask him/her to sneeze a bit around me.

Glad to hear there will be 15 more hours of geek goodness awaiting me when I’ll be done with the expansion though!

4. Jonty says:

Mysteries of Westgate would be a great expansion. In the interests of continued employment I will not speculate on the boss characters or the irritating low-level grunts who whould have to be slaughtered in their thousands to progress.

5. Will T. says:

In Oxford, ‘Westgate’ is a faintly grotty 1960s shopping centre. Which meant that reading the title of this expansion gave me all sorts of wierd images. Fetch quests to Primark? Help the minions of Gamestation launch a raid against the evils of GAME next door?

Incidentally, it looks nowhere near as nice as the second picture makes out.

6. Kieron Gillen says:

There’s a westgate in Bath too, and did consider going there in for an extended self-indulgent gag.

KG

7. Winterborn says:

Darkness over Daggerford was the best module for NWN amd the most fun I had playing that game. Far better than the official expansions.