Quizothinks Noprizes

By Kieron Gillen on October 22nd, 2007 at 8:54 pm.

I’m working in the PC Gamer office this week, so limiting my blogging time a little. Especially as I’m wrestling with the labrythine US tax system to get paid from someone else. Anyway! Enough whining. Relevantly, in a down moment, I got talked into writing something for their blog…

As tends to happen in the PC Gamer office, I found myself shouting out a factlet I’d discovered from the Electric Internet about a games developer. There followed a series of “NO WAYS!”, as if we were all essaying Bill and Ted or something. I then found another factlet about another game developer, shouted it out, and got another chorus of “NO WAYS!” and an order from Ross to make some kind of blog quiz for people to test their knowledge. I said no, but he hit me until I complied. I don’t like it when Ross hits me. I feed sad.

A throwaway quiz, throw your idle distraction. How many did YOU get? I got all 10, because I’m that good.

, , , .

1. Thelps says:

6/10.

My strategy of picking the opposite of what seemed to be obvious is proven to be largely sound…

2. Sören Höglund says:

8/10. Failed on Will Wright’s robot building (which was really SNEAKY of you btw :( ) and his sister’s horse-saving.

3. Kieron Gillen says:

I figured one trick question was only just to make sure Thelp’s strategy was JUSTLY PUNISHED.

KG

4. Ryan says:

Gah, now I can never enjoy an id game again. Not like things weren’t already trending in that direction, but still. :(

5. Bozzley says:

5/10. Shocking.

And then I read the Hey, Developers! page linked at the top of this site. Spooky.

6. MisterBritish says:

I’m waiting to see what else pops up under the “Ross really does beat me please send help” tag.

7. madhaha says:

Damn Kieron and his being the best at everything ever.

8. Thelps says:

What a shame your trick question backfired then! Any old smurf who has seen Mr. Wright’s hour long Spore demonstration video knows his anecdote about buying his DAUGHTER a telescope! My assumption ran that man who buys telescope for girlie may make big robot for ickle boyee. Then, falling into line with my overarching tactical masterwork, I reversed that decision and decided that it must be false. HUZZAH!

I’m clearly locked in to some kind of cosmic law of averages algorithm that none of you simpletons are privy to.

9. Hypocee says:

Is Garriot really the *only* private citizen, though? I thought lots of other people had bought various Russian moon things.

10. Kieron Gillen says:

Heh. I meant to include “Or so he claims” in the quiz, but got distracted by Ross thrashing me.

KG

11. Richard says:

9. I knew Wright made robots, but not specifically that they were with his daughter.

12. roBurky says:

I feed sad, too. But they’re always asking for more.

13. Krupo says:

SC4 reveals his affection for his daughter – some of the office buildings are “Wright & Daughter”, IIRC

14. Inflatable Moron says:

I do not remember the incident with the cat from Masters Of DOOM. But i do remember the time that John Romero Walked through a Flood to code with Carmack. That book was so damn good..Im going to go find the friend of mine who has my copy and stick forks in his face.

15. Pod says: