Who Ya Gonna Call?

By John Walker on November 15th, 2007 at 12:23 pm.

Update – now with Stay-Puft screenshot!

Duh na nuh na nuh nah.

Ernie? Where's Ernie?!

Splendid news, every citizen of the world. Blues News brings to our attention the news that there is to be a Ghostbusters game! A proper one, featuring the cast of the film.

Game Informer’s December issue is apparently to feature all the news, with a big ol’ promo on their website.

Talk of a new movie has been doing the rounds for a while, but now it seems certain that Harold Ramis, Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd will be getting back together, at least in digital form. Nothing to do with the Zootfly game that was rumoured a year ago, this could hopefully be more than Yet Another Shitty Movie Game, with the superb news that Aykroyd and Ramis will be writing the script. It seems it will be a sequel to the two (excellent) films, but as for what sort of game – that’s not being said.

Oh, and what’s happened to poor Ernie Hudson, the Forgotten Ghostbuster? Is he not involved? Man, it’s always the black guy who dies first.

Please oh please oh please don’t let it be a generic third-person action game made by soulless drones. Please?

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Kieron Gillen says:

BUSTING MAKES ME FEEL GOOD!

KG

2. Elyscape says:

I ain’t afraid of no ghosts?

3. Theory says:

Who Ya – oh, wait.

4. Zeno, Internetographer says:

Maybe there’s no mention of Ernie because the guy who played him isn’t going to be involved?

I motion for Morgan Freeman as a replacement.

5. Seniath says:

Kotaku reports that Ernie will be in it, as will William Atherton, who played Walter Peck in the first film. This could be win of truly epic proportions. Here’s hoping :)

6. Zeno, Internetographer says:

Wait, wait, Ernie is the actor. Damn I’m stupid.

But yeah, Morgan Freeman.

7. Piratepete says:

A Squad based co-oppy shootery type effort perhaps

“N00b u x’d da streems!111!1!1one”

8. MrNeutron says:

The fact that so many of the original cast are in, even minor players like Walter Peck and Janine, makes me ridiculously excited about this thing. They really seem (from these first impressions, anyway) to be going out of their way to do it *properly*.

Now they just need to get Rick Moranis and Sigourney Weaver. I’m pretty sure Moranis’s schedule isn’t too full these days…

9. Andy says:

hi guys
    bit weired that , was only watching it last night (for about the 50th time) with my 5 year son , and was thinking about the game that was brought out for the commadore 64!

And how good the game would be now!!!!

bit strange , think i will go do my lottery now while i’m in the zone!

and does mr Peck really have no Dick!!

10. Pidesco says:

One of my first PC games was the Ghostbusters 2 game. I thought it was a lot of fun.

Here’s hoping this comes out fun.

11. The_B says:

A level playing as Slimer, anyone?

Or as the Marshmallow Man. SMASH!

12. simonkaye says:

It badly needs to be a sandbox game. Like GTA with Ghostbusters kit and a city full of ghouls and monsters to find creative ways of taking out, and full-on cooperative team sections.

13. Apoca1yps0 says:

Happiness is a software company delivering on your expectations.

14. Adam Hepton says:

This has now shot to #1 in my Most Wanted list. By a mile.

15. Schadenfreude says:

Heh, I just spent this past Halloween building a replica proton-pack so as you’ve no doubt guessed I’m particularly over-joyed by this news.

16. terry says:

Give me Lego Ghostbusters or give me death!

;)

17. Nick says:

Hmm, if they mess this up it will be proof that God does not exist.

Maybe.

18. Alex Hopkinson says:

I am torn about whether I want this to involve vacuuming up ghosts with my car as I drive to my mission or not…

19. Nacho says:

They got William Atherton back as Dickless Here? Brilliant.
    “Everything was going fine until Dickless Here turned off the containment unit.”
    “Is this true?”
    “Yes, this is true. This man has no dick.”

(quoted from memory, forgive inaccuracies.)

If your average video game has win the size of a Twinkie, the potential win here is a Twinkie 35 feet long and weighing approximately 600 pounds.

20. Tom says:

I really hope this comes out for the wii… On screen wii-remote ghost catching would be amazing… But then again… 3rd party wii games haven’t been stellar so far. It could be bad…. but I’m fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing….

21. Brad says:

I still play the C64 version of the original ghostbusters thanks to a fool that threw away a perfectly working C64 with ALL the peripherals!! I *STILL* love that game ;)

22. sb says:

Seniath, epic propritions? Biblical proportions? Cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria?

Tell him about the Twinkie, Ray.

23. mister slim says:

The name Terminal Reality does not fill me with confidence.

24. cdm says:

This reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head, remember that?

That would of worked if you hadn’t stopped me.

25. majestyk says:

I could never figure out what to do in that C64 ghostbusters game. I had fun catching ghosts, but sooner or later the Marshmallow Man turned up and I was screwed. Can anyone tell me how to beat this game? Maybe I’ll give it another try on my emulator :)

26. Richard says:

Er… you run past him and through the door when he’s not in front of it or stamping down his big marshmallow feet where your head’s going to be. Required some careful timing, but that’s it. And to be honest, you’re better off stopping there. The next bit was even worse.

27. Sir_Shaggy says:

If you guys want to re-live the old Commadore 64 game, search fileplanet for GhostBusters (or check the link below) . Someone re-did the classic game and its free!

Retro Ghostbusters!

28. Piratepete says:

linky no work sah

29. Aaron Litz says:

Ghostbusters is my all-time favorite movie. Science fiction, horror, comedy, and fantasy, all rolled into one. The second was a disappointment (to me, at least) but still somewhat enjoyable.

The news of this game is about the best thing I’ve heard in many, many years. Especially the fact that Ackroyd and Ramis will be writing it as a true sequel, and that they and Murray will be voicing it… man! I cannot wait until this game is released!

Even if it it’s a hundred dollars on initial release, I’ll be getting a copy the day it comes out!

GODDAMN WONDERFUL!!!!!

30. rohan gold says:

If you want to be online to play this game, I can borrow rohan goldto you.

Comment on this story