LucasArts games on iPhone

By Alec Meer on November 26th, 2007 at 5:37 pm.

Is this PC-related? Yeah, I reckon so. It’s about PC games, and about a piece of hardware that works with the PC. I’m sure someone will be kind enough to inform me in unbiased, restrained terms should they disagree, however.

Anyway, despite being a hopeless gadget junkie, I’ve resisted an iPhone. Frankly, If I had a viable form of the internet wherever I went, what precious little social aptitude I have would disappear completely. But a touch-screen phone with which I can pretend Sam & Max Hit The Road is still as funny as I thought it was ten years ago? Ooh.

And yes, I know I could already do this on a horrible Windows Mobile Smartphone, but those are, as I say, horrible. A DS with a flashcart, on the other hand… Ye Olde Pointe’n’clicke Emulatore ScummVM is a wonderful piece of software, and I’m cheered whenever I hear it’s been ported to yet another new platform. I hope that, one day, all-purpose DOS emulator DOSBox will make similar headway, as I want to play Fury of the Furries on the back of my digital camera.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. David says:

ScummVM works on Symbian; my co-workers are perpetually amused by the insane need to play The Secret of Monkey Island through on every piece of hardware I own :-$

2. The_B says:

But the most important question of all, will it blend?

(Cheers Richard, this site now provides me with hours of fun)

3. SteveTheBlack says:

Oh dear. Now I want an iPhone, thanks a lot! Grrr!

4. Homunculus says:

Old PC games are pretty much all I use my PSP for; Ultima 7, Star Control 2, Civ and the Lucasarts adventures back catalogue.

5. roBurky says:

I think you should stop with the feeble excuses when you want to post about something that’s not a PC game. I doubt there’s many people concerned about RPS’ platform purity. I wouldn’t mind hearing about your opinions on a console game or whatever if you’ve got stuff to say about such things.

Just call yourself a games site with a PC bias and stop worrying.

6. SirNuke says:

LucasArts should sell their old adventure game data files. $4 per download? I’d grab pretty much their entire backlog of SCUMM games.

7. Lh'owon says:

I quite like the feeble excuses. They make it sound as if there’s something dirty and repugnant about playing games on something other than a PC.

Which, of course, there is.

8. Paul Moloney says:

I’m finally playing Broken Sword – on my Gameboy Micro. Great fun. Looks like the ScummVM will never be ported to GBA though…

P.

9. DosFreak says:

There’s not much DosBox needs to do….it’s the mobile phone’s processors that need to be faster. SCUMMVM doesn’t do any emulation, whereas DOSBOX does. So for DOSBOX to get better you’ll have to wait for processors that aren’t POS. Here’s to hoping Intel gets off their asses soon….

10. WCAYPAHWAT says:

I know They’re selling a bunch of them for $10 down here in Australia.

I picked up Sam & Max, Grim Fandango, Curse of Monkey Island, and Dark Forces 2.

Unfortunately my local store stopped selling them before i could grab full throttle.

11. Mugi says:

Not to sound like an Ass but I had sam and max on my cellphone for over 4 years now LOL, It’s nothing new at all, ScummVM have existed for ages.

Iphone is just an very crappy phone really, it doesn’t even have half the functions of hte new phones and you also pay twice to 3 to 4 times as much for it as phones with more functionality and power.

12. jackjones says: