Oh, Alright…

By Alec Meer on December 20th, 2007 at 2:05 pm.

…we think the Duke Nukem trailer is a load of old balls too, for the record. But it’s purely a misfiring promotional video clip, and probably has very, very little bearing on what the actual game’s like. So there’s really no need to send 3D Realms hate mail just yet. Hopefully.

, .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Cigol says:

Why would people send you hate mail? :O

2. Alec Meer says:

[edited for truth]

3. Phil says:

And what do you suggest we do with our misdirected and ill informed vitriol now? Jointly author an op piece for the Daily Mail?

4. Zeno, Internetographer says:

I say we all go rant about it on YouTube.

Because that’s what all the cool people do.

5. AbyssUK says:

I sense another “re visioning” of the game cometh…

6. Evo says:

I sense the opposite of the Bioshock effect occuring. This time people are going to shit all over the game before it comes out, and once it is released they will be like “Oh, ok, this ain’t crap :o “

7. Pod says:

Kieron was naked on facebook?? Do you reckon he’d accept if I added him?

In other news though: Do you think 3DRealms actually thought the trailer was good, or do they just like to giggle lots?

8. LaKriz says:

This news made me watch the trailer. Which made me laugh hard. Thank you.

9. Phil says:

Considering the level they pitch their humour at, I think an ironic games trailer would be a little subtle for them. Not that there’s anything wrong with their humour mind, some of my best friends read Nuts.

10. Nallen says:

I’ve not seen the fabled E3 2001 trailer, everything I have seen about this, since forever, looked shite.

In other words, the fact that this was shit was in no way a surprise.

11. Masked Dave says:

I can never understand why people care. When it comes out, then I’ll be interested to see what it’s like. Before that time it’s existence (or lack thereof) has no baring on my own.

12. KingMob says:

Actually I very much like your image, Wrestlevania, and would like your permission to make it my new Avatar in any and all forums.
    It is so very manly.

13. James Lyon says:

Well, when you put it like that…

Not to be pedantic, though, but it’s a teaser, not a trailer. One is an announcement to get people intrigued at the first stage, the other is a mixture of clips designed to sell the (ugh!) final product.

If it made you aware that DNF will be out soon, and interested in seeing what it’s going to be like then it’s done it’s job (by actually existing, it’s done that). Sadly, it seems that people don’t see it like that. That’s what a decade-long news-drought will do.

14. Wrestlevania says:

@KingMob: You’re welcome to use it if you wish.