Christmas at War

By Kieron Gillen on December 22nd, 2007 at 2:32 pm.

Petroglyph are in that seasonal spirit, and released a three (COUNT’EM!) disc soundtrack of Frank Klepacki’s music for the game, in a single 8 Imperial Peggles download.

It's the end of the world as we know it, and we feel like listening to RTS soundtrack music.

Frank, who you may know from Dune 2 and Command and Conquer says: “I hope you enjoy listening to this soundtrack as much as I enjoyed creating it for Universe At War: Earth Assault. Nothing is more gratifying to me then to see it completely integrated into the rest of team’s hard work on this title, in the name of creating a fun experience for everyone. This game is definitely the most unique rts I have worked on to date and I’m proud to be a part of it on all audio fronts. Thanks to all of the community – Keep rockin’!”

We can only concur and hope that you, indeed, keep rockin’.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Johnny Law says:

Neither 7-zip nor the built-in Windows unzipper can open that zipfile. Sad. :-(

2. Mark-P says:

The download seems to be slow and unreliable. I hope there’s a working version someplace else, because I loves me some Frank Klepacki.

3. SwiftRanger says:

That’s a very nice gesture. Filefront has a mirror up:

Jeremy Soule & Co, take note please.

4. Unspeakable Horror says:

It can also be downloaded from here:

5. driph says:

Thanks for posting the mirrors, guys, we’re getting hammered. :]

6. Turin Turambar says:

I downloaded it with Getright ;).

Btw, this OST is the best thing of the whole game, which isn’t very good.

7. Frosty840 says:

Grabbed the demo on the strength of Frank doing the music.
    Gonna have to go with the previous poster and say the music was the best thing about that experience.
    I wasn’t a huge fan of Supreme Commander, but trying to play any RTS these days tends to get me properly narked off at the camera. UaW gets hit pretty hard by this due to having the camera locked in closer than the original C&C.

Seriously, you can fit maybe six buildings into the viewfield. Maybe 24-odd infantry units…

Okay, now I’m just too depressed to continue.

8. SwiftRanger says:

There is already a patch in the works for a larger zoomradius. I wouldn’t exactly compare it to SupCom as well, UaW has its own strengths (like bigger race variety).

9. Pod says:

This sound track is really very good! It’s got a permenant place on my hard drive.