The Free-y of the Fury

By Kieron Gillen on December 23rd, 2007 at 5:29 pm.

Now we don’t normally link to games we haven’t had a chance to play yet, but this screenshot caught my eye from Fury and found its way into a quick festive post.

Sexy vomit

You see, it’s particularly seasonal, because it’s suitably snowy and prominently features a bloke apparently projectile vomiting bile green stuff. And if that doesn’t get a link on RPS, I don’t know what does. Anyway – the news being that Fury, an online action-paced RPG thing, has added a free-to-play option (“Chosen”) which allows you to get a taste for the game for no Earth pounds. If you don’t get horrified by the grammatical apocalypse of “Free 2 Download + Free 2 Play = Free 4 Ever!”, you can get it from here, and then get stuck into feeling aggrieved you have no Voice-chat and a limited friends list.

, , , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Seniath says:

Free 2 Download + Free 2 Play = Free 4 Ever!

How could that possibly work? Yes, we could assume that:

Download + Play = Ever!

But that doesn’t account for

Free + Free = Free

Oh, I guess Free could be equal to zero. But who adds zero to zero, what’s the point. Silly marketing speak!

2. dartt says:

Of course Free equates to zero. It’s Free!

3. DigitalSignalX says:

Fury = Streetfighter with martial weapons and magic + some character development = (Yawn)/(opinion)

At least, that was the approach in Beta, it doesn’t appear as if a great deal has changed in the format. Interesting idea though, common zones with a MMO look and feel then instance fighting areas.

4. steve says:

By all accounts I’ve heard the game is terrible… so, does free to play make it any better?

5. Nobby says:

6. James says:

On the Internet, free is more important than good. See Linux, YouTube and speech.

7. Zeno, Internetographer says:

I’ll go ahead and say the ever-popular:

[]Good []Free []Online, pick two.

8. steve says:

I’m not so sure about that… Although I guess since the entire studio is no longer employed it doesn’t matter in this case. I still can’t bring myself to try this one out.

9. Mickiscoole says:

“As much as us Aussie want to get behind this game (even in it’s non-profit making capacity), we just cant – the general consensus is that its terrible.”

And lets not forget that the entire development team were fired recently too…

10. Alexander says:

Yes, I’m glad I’m not running linux on the internet.