Kane’s Wrath Trailer

By John Walker on January 24th, 2008 at 10:44 pm.

Look, I’m out of my depth here, but are people really buying the Command & Conquer 3 add-on because they’re desperate to know what happens next in the cheesy-fun-time soapy story? Surely the appeal is the old-school strategy, while the FMV sequences provide dumbo morsels of entertainment between the reason for playing?

I guess I’m wrong, as EA are choosing to market Kane’s Wrath like this:

Gametrailers… our thanks IS NOT DEAD!

Gameplay footage? Meh. Mr Baldy’s in a grumpy mood! Oh, and her out of Species.

, .

1. Matt says:

Wait, was that supposed to be acting?

2. Chis says:

Slowly zooming titles are officially old now. Still, I want this. Even though, 4 months on after buying C&C3, I can’t complete that total bastard wankbiscuit arsehat of a mission that is the penultimate GDI battle with the “alien pyramid”. It’s soul-crushingly hard.

3. weego says:

that appears to be a parody of itself. kudos for creating a paradox.

4. CrashT says:

Chis, you must just… well suck… :p

The last few GDI missions were actually easier than some of those in the third act.

Kane’s Wrath will be amusing to see how they reconcile the ending of Firestorm with the start of C&C3, when everybody seemed to think they had just retconed that out of existence.

5. Chris R says:

Actually, I didn’t mind the sillyness of C&C 3, and half the reason I am getting the expansion is to see what happens… hehehe. Seriously. I thought the movies weren’t that bad, sure the acting was hilarious, but i didn’t mind it for some reason.

6. Chris Evans says:

Meh, I have quite suddenly lost all my love for the C&C games, I am still interested in the mods, but for some reason I care little or no more about the real games :(

7. Ging says:

Is Kane part cat? How many lives does the man have!

I enjoyed C&C3, though I had an odd issue with some dodgy mobo AGP drivers that caused all the videos to be out of sync – there was me thinking it was down to an issue with the game itself as others were reporting it, patches came, but the oos stayed!

8. Emil says:

Hahaha! Oh man what a trailer! I love it.

9. Chis says:

CrashT is an RTS nerd / C&C fanatic / has far too much time on his wanking wrists. :P

The moment Command & Conquer throws various foes at you from various parts of the map at once, it becomes a chore, and I immediately lose interest. If you want that sort of so-called-RTS-style gameplay, go and waste months on Supreme Commander. The rest of us have lives to live.

10. Sucram says:

are people really buying the Command & Conquer 3 add-on because they’re desperate to know what happens next in the cheesy-fun-time soapy story?”

*some

11. Anthony Damiani says:

Wait… I thought he won and left the planet in C&C3?

Why’s he back to the old cyborg getup?

12. Narvi says:

It’s a prequel.

It starts after Tiberian Sun.

13. ryan in exile says:

zombie thanks?

14. Narvi says:

I find it totally awesome that the guy who plays Kane is doing much better acting than any of the rest of the “actors” they got. That guy is awesome.

15. Jonathan Burroughs says:

Why is Kane wearing a World War 2 fighter pilot helmet cut in half?

16. Nallen says:

oi Kane, wots dat on your ‘ead!

Even he looks like a twat now and he was the best thing about them.

17. Jachap says:

Usually, the FMV is just a bit laughably woeful. That last bit thought… with Kane in a massive purple brain hat… that’s got to be absolutely intentionally hilarious. Fucking amazing.

18. Mike says:

…Gamesmaster? Is that you?

19. Optimaximal says:

It’s hilarious to think he’s the only actor who isn’t a proper actor – He was the casting guy on the original C&C and stepped into the role of Kane when he couldn’t find anyone else suitable.

20. Jocho says:

For the “purple brain and half helmet”-stuff. This game begins after Tiberian Sun, and goes on to after C&C3. One thing I wonder is how the heck he got back to his regular form after that purple-brain stuff…

But I don’t think I’ll buy it. C&C3 wasn’t that fun (the UI’s design was great, but that’s the only great thing about it =/ ).

21. blitzio says: