Conflict: Denied Ops, But Allowed Trailer

By John Walker on January 25th, 2008 at 5:48 pm.

A new Conflict: Denied Ops trailer has appeared in our inbox.

There’s gameplay footage in the second half, after the treat of some acting.

Some brand new screenshots underneath.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Max says:

What an awful trailer. Conflict is just another of those age-old franchises that needs to die, hard. When was the last time they made a decent Conflict game? Has there ever been one? =/

2. Citizen Parker says:

@Max: For PC, never decent.

The pointlessly colon’d “Conflict: Desert Storm II: Back to Baghdad” actually was a fair bit of fun in 3-4 person local co-op on a console, if you could wrap your brain around the controls that were clearly not of this world.

3. Slappybag says:

“What an awful trailer. Conflict is just another of those age-old franchises that needs to die, hard.”

We’re gonna die, die, die, die hard!
    We’re gonna die, die, die as hard as we can!

Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker!

4. Clicky says:

In the (I think) the last game, Global Ops or something, I encountered an absolutely hilarious bug. In the very first mission, after the tutorial instructed me to open the door, all textures turned to white and the door got stuck in my head. Just screams QUALITY to me.

5. Max says:

@ Citizen Parker

“Then I’m guessing the developers realized they accidentally made a game that was, at times, fun. They quickly corrected this with Conflict: Vietnam.”

Gahaha, damn right.

6. Alby says:

I chuckled audibly at this headline. Great work!

7. Ging says:

I didn’t enjoy the demo much – it just feels horrible and the AI is beyond stupid!

8. drunkymonkey says:

Yes. Another smashing headline from RPS. Well done sirs.

9. Garth says:

Honestly, I’d be embarrassed to have that video as my trailer for a game. The voice sync is off, the acting is.. awful, and… why are the guys who set that bomb on the car walking beside it?

10. Max says:

@ Garth

Yes, yes, yes and God only knows. =P

11. DigitalSignalX says:

Mom always said if you can’t say something nice….

But perhaps if they’d spent more time on the game then they did on the cutscenes, and oh hey, try using different sounds for different guns, it might keep up with the mowing down herds of guys in exotic places style of games we’ve been seeing this decade.

12. Kast says:

Slappybag – thank you! You just made my morning :D

*Wanders away humming that song to himself*

13. John Walker says:

The voice sync might be our encoding’s fault.

14. Nick says:

Sadly the acting isn’t.

15. dhex says:

conflict: denied fun?

16. Max says:

Conflict: Denied Release, with any luck. =P

17. Crispy says:

“Ruthless real-world action” (RPG hits helicopter, ‘shunting’ it into the air without any tailspin whatsoever, where, still in one piece but with smoke and flames trailing from the chopper blades, it hangs in the air for a few seconds before exploding).

I really don’t call that realistic.

18. Janek says:

Technically speaking it didn’t say “realistic” it said “real world”

As opposed to, like, Middle Earth or something.

19. dhex says:

man the demo was something terrible. it had the same floaty feeling that blacksite on the pc does.

also what’s up with an fps game with no jump?

20. Crispy says:

Real-world implies that the game is aiming to portray a ‘real world’ in terms of historical accuracy and setting. A ‘realistic’ setting in this day and age implies that the setting will follow the fundamental laws of physics as well as looking the part.

‘Real world’ to me implies that the game won’t have low gravity and players won’t gib from a shotgun. My gripe is that it seems to be one of the main goals in their game judging by how it’s mentioned in the trailer, and the clip they paired it up to fell very short of looking like what I’d expect to see in the real world.