Conflict: Denied Ops, But Allowed Demo

By Kieron Gillen on January 28th, 2008 at 6:57 pm.

A strap so good, we’ll use it twice.

Men with guns. Popular PC Gaming Trope #276

The just-shy-of-60 Imperial Peggle demo for the Pivotal’s forthcoming squad-based shooter is now available to play. Where is it available? On the internet, my friend. On the internet. It includes single-player and co-op and an installer, we reckon.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Steve says:

I was so confused at seeing that strap again, it made me double take. I thought I had gone back in time.

2. Chris R says:

So is the full game really going to include those FMV’s or whatever you want to call em? Seems so….. off to me. It’s kind of jarring actually. But whatever.

Has anyone else tried this? Is it worth checking out?

3. dhex says:

i would say it’s not worth checking out. it’s as bad as blacksite: area 51 was.

edit: neat! edits!

double edit: anyone want a us copy of blacksite area 51 while we’re at it?

4. Ian Dorsch says:

I’d take it. It can’t be that bad. Can it?

5. dhex says:

it’s pretty fucking bad.

that said, email sent!

6. Optimaximal says:

I can see it now… The blog post when the game is released:

Conflict: Denied Ops, But Allowed Release

or

Conflict: Denied Ops, But Allowed Gold Master

or

Conflict: Denied Ops, But Allowed Onto Retail Shelves

PROVE ME WRONG!!!

7. Dinger says:

If it is that bad, shouldn’t the release tag be:

Conflict: Denied Ops, Spurned Opportunity, Incited Opposition?

or just:

One developer’s Denied Ops writ in 5 meters of fire are to Windows Illegal Ops in 22 inches of blue.

8. Ging says:

I actually fought my way through the entire demo – it wasn’t on my list of games to buy before I played it, it’s never getting on it now I have done.

9. Chris R says:

Hmmm… that’s what I thought Ging and dhex.

Wonder how much money they spent on those lame B-rate movie action scenes? It’s funny that someone that that was a good idea… and that it GOT APPROVED. Ha ha ha

10. Garth says:

Jesus christ, it’s a GIG? What does it have, 75% of the SP campaign?

11. Alby says:

Being the masochist that I am, I downloaded and played some of it. Awful, terrible, horrible mess of a game.

12. Optimaximal says:

Garth, developers don’t bother compressing files anymore because Blu-Ray offers them teh fifteh gigz!!!

Obviously nobody except Infinity Ward has heard of Bink Video

13. po says:

Even the installer’s a joke. 1GB download unpacks into a further 3x 1GB .msi files, 2 in the temp folder, and one in ~/system32/installer (then there’s space needed for the actual game folder). So to install the damn thing you need over 5GB of free disk space.

Yet to run it, but if the devs are too stupid to use installshield properly, they can’t possibly make a good game.

14. po says:

Yup, truly is a steaming pile of excrement. I hope this makes it’s way to Zero Punctuation, just to see how far Mr Croshaw can go ;)