Lineage II: Now With More Statues

By Alec Meer on February 4th, 2008 at 10:09 am.

A copy of Lineage II: Saga II: The Chaotic Throne: First Throne: The Kamael (or L2S2TCTFTTK, as I so often call it) just popped through my letterbox, which is jolly nice of them. Unfortunately the high fantasy grind, grind and grind some more Korean MMO isn’t something I would willingly sink my own time into (especially as this past weekend has seen me lost to ecstatic Team Fortress 2 benders all over again), so I have no thoughts to share on it just now.

Instead, I’ll give you this trailer of the latest update, and let you make your own judgements. I will, however, direct your attention to the rather extraordinary Man Versus Stone Horsies action about 75% of the way through.

Gamershell – like Gametrailers, but with more Satan.

, .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Schadenfreude says:

I especially like the way nothing seems to have a death animation; they just slowly fade away.

2. Okami says:

I’m kinda dissapointed they didn’t show them smashing all 64 horse statue thingies…

3. drunkymonkey says:

The Koreans pwn us when it comes to having ridiculously long and unnecessary names.

For shame, Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth 2: Rise of the Witch King!

4. Nallen says:

Is that the actual game? because it seems somewhat akin to getting Maxi from Soul Caliber and button mashing in practise mode. Does anything fight back? Do people actually pay to play that? Are the Koreans a bit odd?

5. James says:

Someone’s collection of rare, enormous (and strangely identical) granite horses was just pulverized for no apparent reason. Those damn winged folk and their wanton destruction.

It’s like watching the new Alone in the Dark trailer all over again, except without any measure of menace.

6. Arnulf says:

Why do they have only one wing?

7. Kim says:

If they hold hands, can they fly?

8. Okami says:

@Arnulf: I could now go into a long and detailed description of the importance and meaning of asymmetry in myths and legends, could even give you examples, like the druid caesar in the Book of Conquests, who squints on one eye and stands on one foot to cast his powerfull spell over his enemies, yada yada yada..

But honestly I think it’s because the people who made this game like FF7 and Sephiroth a bit too much…

9. Wrestlevania says:

Looks to be about as edgy as being force-fed pickled onions. Not to mention no less pleasant.

Snappy title though.

10. Venkman says:

@Schadenfreude: Other mobs do have death animations, the ones in this particular dungeon work differently.

@Arnulf: Thats part of the game, if you level them up high enough, they get both wings.

This whole video only shows a particular dungeon which really isn’t all that spectacular on its own.

11. Garth says:

Why would you link that? Do you hate us?

I thought games like WoW had boring fight animations, but Jesus, do they even have multiple attacks in that game?