Desmond Dekaron and the I-will-fights

By Kieron Gillen on February 5th, 2008 at 1:05 pm.

I'm not sure the blossoms in the background are macho enough.

While Dekaron it’s been out in most territories for a while – our US colleagues can sign up via Acclaim, who’ve re-branded it 2Moons – it’s not available in Europe. News reaches us that Dekaron is now looking for participants in its European Closed Beta, which will start on February 22nd. You can go and sign up now, if extreme fantasy violence sounds like your thing and you fancy having a crack at its free-to-play (items for cash) model before anyone else.

And beneath the cut, a video of some – er – fighting. Yes, fighting.

You know, I don’t see anything there which would get the game an 18 rating. Anyone actually played the thing care to elaborate what’s up?

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. quamper says:

There is some language in the NPC dialog that I’ve seen. But I haven’t played far enough to know why it’s got the 18+ rating other than that.

2. Anthony Damiani says:

Seizure warning, maybe?

3. Kieron Gillen says:

Quamper: So, basically something like “Go kill ten boars, you cunt”.

KG

4. Stew says:

Kieron: So it’s written in Scots English, where the word “cunt” is punctuation?

5. quamper says:

it’s actually more like. (not a real example, but similar to this)

“Wow thanks for bringing me that fixed sword. You’re not such a bad sh1t head after all.”

With the 1 and all.

The dialog I find is hard to read and for the most part doesn’t seem to make a whole lot of sense. And the usage of swearing I’ve seen doesn’t really seem to make sense in context. But like I said I haven’t played a whole lot

6. Matt says:

No wonder that blue guy is so angry, he sounds severely constipated.

7. Stew says:

“Fix that sword!”
    “Why?”
    “When I next go for a crap, I’ll produce a turd of at least 12th level. Would you want to face that with a broken sword?”

…okay, my boss just looked at me funny. Time to stop giggling like a six-year-old.

8. terry says:

Language! Next they’ll be adding a plot! Won’t someone think of the children etc.