By John Walker on February 12th, 2008 at 3:18 pm.
We knew it was going to happen. What we didn’t know was when or how. But huzzah, it’s official, Mass Effect is coming out on PC. Soon? And how! May, we tell you.
CVG report that the game isn’t receiving a simple port-dump, but rather some PC-specific optimisation, and new controls.
“The studio’s talking about “Run & Gun Control” (“Players can assign biotic powers or skills to ‘hot keys’ allowing them to play Mass Effect with a heavier focus on action”), a new decryption mini-game and a revamped inventory system and user interface.”
In fact, there are more details we’re brazenly cut and pasting from CVG below.
The full list of PC details are:
* Optimized controls designed specifically for the PC.
* High resolution visuals – Mass Effect for the PC features highly detailed textures, characters and environments.
* Fully customizable controls – PC gamers can re-map the control scheme any way they like.
* Run & Gun Control – Players can assign biotic powers or skills to ‘hot keys’ allowing them to play Mass Effect with a heavier focus on action.
* New decryption mini-game.
* New inventory screen GUI and functionality – The enhanced inventory system makes it easier for players to equip and modify their weapons and armor.
Publication has shifted over the EA now, after Microsoft had taken care of things for the 360.