Kane’s Wrath: Hat and Beard

By Jim Rossignol on March 5th, 2008 at 9:00 am.

Gamers: we are so cool.

GameTrailers, we’d love you even if you came back as a cyborg.

, .

1. McCool says:

Ouch, that was painful to watch. How do they get away with stuff like this?

Also, was I the only one noticed quite alot of, er, Supreme Commander imitation there?

Abit envious of Chris Taylor’s RTS acumen, are we, EA?

It’s okay. We all are too.

2. Frans Coehoorn says:

The new NOD dude reminds me of Barack Obama. Always thought him more of a GDI person though. ;) And what’s up with the awful hat? It looks silly as hell!

3. Nny says:

Oh dear Kane looks silly now…

4. Mike says:

HAHA he does look a little bit like Mr Obama. And will someone just kill Kane!

5. Gnarl says:

“Now Joe, since you’re the only actor who seems to care about selling your character at all amongst our cast, your ‘Kane’ performance is throwing off the cheesy feel we’re looking for. We’ve tried bad lighting, bad scripts, and frankly terrible plots, but the fans still seem to like you most.”

“Sorry Richard.”

“So anyway, we’ve decided to go with this plastic helmet thing and pretend Kane’s a cyborg.”

“These videos were so much better when I directed them.”

6. MeestaNob! says:

Wow look at him.

“All your Tiberium are belong to us! You have no chance to harvest, make your Mammoth tanks!”

7. Sucram says:

All the old cut scenes can be seen here.

You can see the cyborg face in Tiberium Sun (Nod finale).

Looking back, it’s not like the acting or script has gotten any worse.

8. Optimaximal says:

Conversely, it’s not that it has gotten any better…

…and yet I still love it :D

9. Jachap says:

Good spit acting from Kucan, there.

10. Jon says:

I’ve always loved the cinematic intros to C&C missions, I don’t think anyone else has managed to top them.

11. The_B says:

Didn’t Kane almost get cyborg-ed in Firestorm? (This is the point that reveals I never really completed it)

But yes, I agree – the cheesier it gets, the more excited I am.

12. Lachlan says:

Ah, C&C3. The summer blockbuster of RTS gaming.

13. Jonathan says:

Personally the more personality RTS’s get the happier a person I become.

It’s got charm coming right up out of it’s arse as Fat Rab would maybe say.

14. James T says:

Needs more Yakety Sax.

If someone told me that trailer was from 2000, I’d have no reason to doubt it.

15. Gnarl says:

Kane’s entrance in the first game is still one of my favourite cut scene moments. I think that’s why I still take him fairly seriously.

16. PleasingFungus says:

Also: ooo, beta key? (Is that available elsewhere? It sounds nifty.)

17. Chris R says:

Yeah, what’s this about a beta key for RA3??? ZUUHHH???

18. dhex says:

man they found a way to sneak boobs into that, too.

unfounded thesis: genre fiction, on its own or as an inspiration for other media, has a retarding effect on maturity.

unfounded rebuttal: there’s probably some fuck out there writing mrs. dalloway slashfic.

unassailable truth: liking anything is bad.