Rossignol On PC Hulk: “Fucking Awesome!”

By Kieron Gillen on March 13th, 2008 at 6:15 pm.

Hulk thinks Jim Rossignol is fucking awesome too.

Scanning the latest PC press releases I noted that the Sega published Edge of Reality produced Hulk Game game, due for June, is actually coming to the PC. Upon being informed of this fact Jim Rossignol, PC Games Journalist and Hulk-Admirer, who was at that moment bringing me a cup of tea, exclaimed with no visible irony “Fucking Awesome!” He then left.

We have no idea if it’ll measure up to the Prototype-prototype Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, but we certainly hope so. Grabs and the Spanish Subtitled Hulk Movie Trailer beneath cut.

Planet Hulk is pretty decent.
World War Hulk is meant to be good too, but I haven't read it.

Spanish Subtitles make every film seem more awesome, in our opinion. In fact, even Fucking Awesome.

Update: When informed of the Hulk game, Jamie McKelvie, comic artist, inquired: “Does the game have Liv Tyler in glasses?”. Jamie McKelvie thinks Liv Tyler is Fucking Awesome, in a different way to that which Jim Rossignol thinks the Hulk PC is Fucking Awesome. Or, at least, as far as we know.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Alec Meer says:

The graphics in the game look better than the graphics in the film.

2. Man Raised By Puffins says:

A somewhat better version of the trailer can be found here (although I’ve got no idea if that’ll imbed or not). Have to say it’s looking a bit rubbish, and this is coming from one of those weirdos who thought the first film was alright.

Lord knows about the game though, although the devs pedigree doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.

3. Chris R says:

So…….. there’s another Hulk movie coming out?? Zuh? And a new game, presumably based on the movie?

Why are alarm bells going off in my head.

4. Jamie McKelvie says:

I think they should make a game called “Look at Liv Tyler Wearing Glasses, Isn’t She Hot?”

I’d buy it.

5. Larington says:

Yeah, sorry, but I’m going to quickly sidestep away from this unless I hear rave reviews and I just don’t those are likely. Not because I doubt the developers abilities, but because the game will be tied down by the film and probably rushed to the release date of the film as well.

6. Pace says:

Hulk: El Hombre Increíble. Hah, Spanish subtitles indeed rule.

7. mrkstphnsn says:

Kitten is hot when he wears glasses!

8. Turin Turambar says:

I love the trailers who expose the entire plot of the movie…

Of course, it’s not like this movie was going to be a rollercoaster of suprises and originality.

9. Kieron Gillen says:

SPOILERZ: Hulk smashes.

KG

10. Phil says:

@KG It’ll be an improvement on the first film then.

11. Jamie McKelvie says:

Oh Mark, you know how to make a guy feel wanted!

12. Alex Hopkinson says:

It would be awfully nice if the game was as good as/better than Hulk: UD.

13. Piratepete says:

FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

I wub Ed Norton and I wub teh Hulk. Gotta be better than Eric banal thats for sure.

Sorry Bana…Bana….must get that right

14. Mike says:

I’m sure Liv Tyler’s character wouldn’t go out with Bruce if he didn’t turn into the HULK…

15. Tak says:

Yeah, it would be nice if a movie featuring a man-beast of awesome known for smashing actually, you know, did some f’n smashing. Less leapflying and enjoying the wind in your hair and more smashing, please. Senselessly, preferably.

Oh, and hopefully the game doesn’t stink. Sorry for the digression, the hulk movie just stunk like poo.

16. Phil says:

If memory serves Hulk – UD was an attempt to rehabilitate the IP after a horrible movie adaptation, so perhaps Hulk – UD 2 will make up for this one.

17. malkav11 says:

The Hulk movie was interesting when it had character development and so forth and boring as hell when it had poorly done CG smashing.

I mean, the Hulk smashing things *should* be awesome. It sure was in Ultimate Destruction. But the movie action scenes just lacked some crucial element to make it interesting.

18. Steve says:

Honestly, people complain about superhero films being brainless and then say “why Hulk film not more explodey? hurr hurr hurr”.

All of you are poltroons, I say! Hulk is the best modern superhero movie! Oh and I have hope for the second film in as much as I have hope in Norton, Roth and Hurt – and none in the director. This game I am therefore wary about.

19. Nick says:

It was rubbish. Utter drivel, poorly acted, written and incredibly dull.

Hulk film bad. Make Nick angry.

20. Leeks! says:

This movie shall forever be “Hulk: El Hombre Increilbe” to me.

Oh god oh god please be better than the coil Ang Lee squeezed out.

@Steve: Really? Better than Nolan’s Batman? The Incredibles?

21. Steve says:

Well it’s a little pointless bothering to answer, since the forces are already so poised against me, but I’d say it was better than Batman. Much as I love Christian Bale, his scary Batman voice was just silly. Plus, Michael Caine is essentially a walking self-parody nowadays, detracting from most any film he’s in.

The Incredibles is a slightly different beast, you have to admit. From a purely visual point, they can do essentially whatever they want – they have no physical or CGI limitations. Lots of people complained about the way Hulk looked, whereas The Incredibles was completely computer generated so that’s fine.

Keeping a long story short (haha yeah right!), I would say I PERSONALLY felt it was better than Batman, and I don’t think The Incredibles is a fair comparison at all. Honestly, I really think that a lot of people who dislike Hulk expected an action extravaganza. It’s as simple as that. You expect 2 hours of tanks being smashed and get 2 hours of people chatting and crying, you’re gonna be annoyed. Regardless, the point of my post is that the track record for Hulk adaptations is all over the place, so I’m wary. I hated the first Hulk game and loved Ultimate Destruction.

22. Scotti says:

Nothing will ever beat the original TV series!

23. Kevlmess says:

Hey, isn’t that the original Fallout super mutant about to beat the living crap out of the Bethesda’s… abomination? No? Aw, shucks. Still, looks all kinds of awesome.

24. ChrisL says:

Tea. You Brits are so cute, still sticking with tea.

25. Jay says:

That’s not all. Sometimes, we have it iced

Yeah, we’re bloody hardcore, mate

26. Phil says:

You haven’t truly lived until you’ve mainlined lapsang souchong at a drinking gallery in lower east Eastborne.

27. matt says:

Game looks pretty intense, but really, English tea is for sissies… *runs away*

28. Nick says:

I’ll bet the SAS drink tea. Sissies my arse.

29. R. says:

Real men know the pleasure the humble cup of tea can deliver. Coffee is a filthy black foulness for maggots and morons.

Ang Lee’s Hulk is very underrated, though the final act showdown with Mega Absorbing Cloud Nick Nolte was like finding a dead mouse inside a til-then delicious muffin.

30. Andrew Farrell says:

Still, Nick Nolte, though.

31. Bhazor says:

Oooh, this didn’t turn out well.
    Don’t believe the hype, peeps.