Braid Interview

By Jim Rossignol on March 15th, 2008 at 9:02 am.

1UP have posted a neat little video interview with Jonathan Blow and David Hellman, the developers of time-bending indie platformer, Braid. (Is it me or are developers increasingly possessors of incredible names?)

, , .

1. Sander says:

Easily the most hotly anticipated game of this morning, no doubt enhanced by the look, feel and sound of the devs. I’d go so far as to suggest that their hotness exceeds the splendiferosity of their names. It looks like the game will exceed even that. PC release date, please?

2. Jim Rossignol says:

“When It’s Done.”

3. Theory says:

Would this not be the first time it’s been seen in motion on the intertubes?

The animation isn’t as fluid as I expected, somehow.

4. James T says:

Are they… spongy?

5. J says:

@Theory

Nah, there’s at least one over at his site. Part of one of his early lectures. GDC and Freeplay I think.
    I haven’t had a chance to watch the 1up thing but Braid looked excellent back then. Those fields and the effects of manipulating time…Something special.

I’m not sure there’s anything I’m quite as excited about as this.

6. Rook says:

I thought this wasn’t coming to PC anymore. Looking at the main site.

“Braid is scheduled for release on Xbox Live Arcade in early 2008.”

7. Kieron Gillen says:

PC later.

That I’ve been playing a preview version probably suggests it’ll come.

KG

8. JP says:

Last I heard, he wants to do a PC version once the XBLA version is done, but no ETA.

9. Rook says:

That’s what they said about Everyday Shooter though. I won’t be holding my breath.

10. JP says:

I won’t be holding my breath.

A bad idea with game development in general ;)

11. Kieron Gillen says:

I also heard that there’s a limited time thing from going on XBoxLive Arcade and going onto other formats, which is something I have to dig into and find if it’s true.

KG

12. Jonathan Blow says:

There will be a PC version. It’ll come after the XBLA version, but the reason is not any kind of exclusivity agreement. It’s just that it’s easier to focus on one platform at a time to make sure the game runs well there.

The web site doesn’t say this, just because I haven’t been very tenacious about updating that part of the site.

13. Kieron Gillen says:

Thanks for the clarification, Jonathan.

KG

14. RichPowers says:

Wow that looks great. Really loving the backdrop artwork.

And is my monitor broke, or did 1up just tint the interview footage really dark? :P

15. David Hellman says:

The first part, showing the city and the house, looks really dark, for sure …