Deadliest Catch: Too Many Pots

By John Walker on March 15th, 2008 at 1:46 am.

You want another trailer for the Deadlist Catch videogame? More of fisherman Sig Hansen looking incredibly awkwardly at the camera as he explains how important balance is. Aw, go on, you know you do. There’s even some in-game footage at the end. Um – erk.

Gametrailers, you’ll always be OUR king crabs.

1. Mustache says:

Why?

2. Chemix says:

I can’t imagine it could even be money in this case, though it did look like hardly any work was put into it.

3. Ryan says:

Nothing sadder than an empty crab pot.

4. Zeno, Internetographer says:

This makes me hate videogames a little.

5. mrkstphnsn says:

The thing is “we” complain that the percentage of games that require killing stuff, or jumping on platforms, or jumping, then sneaking and killing stuff is way to high then when someone does something different “we” chastise them.

That being said, I’d be interested in seeing the research figures for who they think is going to buy this game.

6. Nick says:

I think “we” only chastise them if they are rubbish.

7. Larington says:

Hey if its good, why argue with it. Just because it might not be to the taste of hardcore gamers doesn’t mean it won’t do well in sales, it just has to be marketted to the right people.

8. roBurky says:

What are people complaining about?

9. Wozza says:

Can you shot thee crabs with a crossbow, Rambo stylie? all in sloooow-mo arrowtime.

They must also have “Punch crab in face” like in Oblivion, wait wait wait, how about “Giant enemy CRAB”, can you stick a man inside the crabpot and throw him overboard, if he eats your last fisherman’s friend.

10. Lorc says:

That water’s pretty good. Well, except one shot where it rolls against the side of the boat; needs more spume there I think.

But it’s not as if there’s been much stormy water in games before to compare it to. Hoorah for something new.

11. Steve says:

Might quite like this game. It looks a little weak but I did enjoy Endless Ocean. Bar the waily (whaley) music. Most of the games I play these days are a bit “different”.

12. ry says:

I’m really, really hoping we can look forwards to some indiana-jones style punchups on storm lashed boats, as you attempt to wrestle control back from a mutinous crew upon the cataclysmic discovery that you’ve used the last of the Neutorgena, and supplies are down to the last three Fishermen’s Friends.