That Sunwell Is Furious!

By John Walker on March 19th, 2008 at 12:54 pm.

Blizzard have launched a minisite for World of Warcraft’s next patch, Fury of the Sunwell. It’s a top-end patch for you level 70s who have run out of things to do in the Outlands.

A sunwell would be silly - the bucket would melt.

“Now the journey that began with the arrival of the draenei on Azeroth and the blood elves’ inclusion into the Horde is about to come full circle as a mighty army gathers to purge evil from one of Azeroth’s most important loci of power: the ancient, magical Sunwell.”

We hear Sunwell is lovely this time of year.

So Sunwell Isle is your new location, which you can read all about here. There’s a new faction in there, the Shattered Sun Offensive, as well as at least twelve more daily quests (the patch also ups the daily quest limit to 25), and a brand new five-person dungeon, Magisters’ Terrace. There’s also new 25-player instance, Sunwell Plateau, which will involve the murderising of Kil’Jaeden. Also, you’ll be able to create your own level 70 characters complete with epic equipment for competing in the Global Arena Tournament. There’s a trailer at the Blizzard site, that we’ll put here as soon as we can find the bloody embed code. (Dear Game Makers, Making it impossible for us to post your adverts is incredibly silly. Love, RPS).

If they can make floaty orbs, why can't level 1s fly about on them? EH?

So, everyone immediately start complaining that Blizzard are dumbing it down and making it too easy for people to have fun in their game without giving up their entire lives to raid for 9000 hours a week.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Okami says:

Blizzard is dumbing down WoW!!!111!1oneoneeleven!!111!one

2. Nuyan says:

Hey, a goldselling-ad. Fix it, RPS!

3. sana says:

There’s also new 25-player instances that we don’t have a name for, but we know it will involve the murderising of Kil’Jaeden.

Why do you not have a name for it? The site says it’s “Sunwell Plateau”.

4. John Walker says:

Oops – thanks Sana.

I’m not seeing the goldselling ad, Nuyan. Email me at john@rockpapershotgun.com with the site it links to, and I’ll get it squished.

EDIT: It’s alright Nuyan – we’ve caught it in our trap and are putting it down.

5. Jim Rossignol says:

Takes a couple of hours for the ads to filter out.

6. AbyssUK says:

One word people… Adblock

7. John Walker says:

One word Abyss: our financial destitution. Wait, that’s three words.

8. Alec Meer says:

What John said. We do filter out the bad ads as they crop up.

9. Nick says:

What’s that Skippy? Little Jimmy has fallen down the sunwell and been incinerated?

10. Seniath says:

As an ex raider (almost 5 months clean!), I’ve been watching the news of the last few patches with some passing interest. My fear with this latest batch of content, however, is that once again (as Jim said somewhere else) killing Kil’jaeden wont change anything. The Blood Elves will still be magic junkies, Sunwell Plateau wont be restored to it’s former glory and everyone will still be all emo about the whole affair.

In the perfect world, come WotLK, all this would be addressed. But then, that’s really not Blizzard’s style. After all, Lady Katrina Prestor is still stood next to Anduin…

11. Bobsy says:

Apparently there’s some hoo-ha over the whole Blood-Knights-are-naughty-Paladins after you kill the naaru they’ve been bleeding since release. The Blood Knight leader says something like “Whoops! Sorry! Let’s be nice again, yeah?” and they do a big U-turn on the nastiness front. Which makes me optimistic that this will be seen as a singular defining event in WoWistory, and go on to inform later events.

It may not do, but you can scrunch your eyes real tight and pretend, maybe.

12. James says:

Nick wins the pie, I’m sorry. That made me laugh quite a bit.

13. Narvi says:

14. cliffski says:

can a well get furious? that title looks like it was randomly generated.

15. Noc says:

Well, it was a choice between that and “Wrath of the Demon-Shard.”

16. Nick says:

It’s better than Faint Embarassment of the MoonWell.

17. Leelad says:

“Sunwell? That’s still around? I thought we used it up to summon Kel’thuzad. *bemused*”

It’s all tainted and bitter tasting now. The arcaney taste as gone.

I’m looking forward to the new dailes though, although will it feel the same if i’m not blowing up eggs for 11g a day? Hmmmm

18. darkripper says:

it pisses me off the update it’s probably incoming and will make all my efforts for Karazhan attunement completely pointless.

P.S. Am I the only one excited for the daily fishing quests? I love fishing!

19. K says:

I wanted “Surly of the Funwell”

20. Peter says:

Darkripper: No you are not the only one that likes the promise of more fishing. That will probably be the best change in this patch.