New Operation Flashpoint 2 Images

By Jim Rossignol on March 23rd, 2008 at 3:11 pm.

Some new OpFlash 2 images have turned up over on the Czech Tiscali Games’ gallery, which is odd, if you think about it, because OpFlash 2 isn’t being developed by Bohemia Interactive, who are Czech, and made the original game. Anyway, these look a bit more like concept mock ups than in-game images to me, but I’ve been wrong before. (But only once, whilst drunk, fifteen years ago, in the dark…)

In related news Codemasters have confirmed that the game will be out in PC and console this winter. Fans of the hardcore soldier experience of original game, however, should probably stick to ArmA, which is due an expansion pack a sequel soon.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. po says:

ArmA already has an expansion pack, called Queen’s Gambit. The release dates on their website are for last year.

2. Turin Turambar says:

I bet 100 to 1 that Operation Flashpoint 2 will be more like CoD4 than like Operation Flashpoint 1.

3. Jim Rossignol says:

I thought there was another expansion due? Maybe that’s the sequel I’m confusing.

4. Jim Rossignol says:

Those dudes are READY FOR ACTION.

5. Cigol says:

If those screenshots are in-game I’ll eat my hat, my coat, my shoes, my socks and my toes. Some of them look like bleeding paintings (and not good ones at that).

6. RaptorM60 says:

Even OFP2 is no more Bohemia Interactive’s, there are still some Czechs working on it. Well, better to say: one Czech. On producer position though … And he’s ex-Bohemia Interactive employee :-)

7. Unrein says:

I’m pretty sure those screens are the real deal, they simply seem to be heavily color corrected (might be an actual in-game effect) and otherwise edited.

8. Faust says:

Ok, here’s some kinda proof that they’re probably screenshots. In this picture…. *Grabs the link…*

You can see the texture stretch on his arm.. which hints that at worst they are doctored screenshots, but still screenshots. I could be being a complete idiot, but I think that’s pretty solid.

Faust

9. Svenska says:

dude has claws

10. KaiserPanda says:

No love for Armed Assault II?
    Shaping up to be amazing. An amazing game, versus amazing photoshop work. COUGH.

Turin Turambar:
    That’s not ArmA II, it’s an ArmA I mod.

11. Seth Tipps says:

What I find interesting is they seem to have had legal trouble showing camelbaks (the odd thing that looks like an extra plate on the back of the soldiers’ body armour in the screenshots) the way they actually look. That’s the only explanation I can give for them looking the way they do. But on the whole, holy crap. I agree those are doctored but the stuff that they missed indicates that this is still going to be seriously pretty.

12. Howard says:

But the question remains: Will we ever see the likes of Op Flashpoint again? I fear not. The guys behind ARMA may well be those whom we know and love from the original but they have clearly lost the plot (ARMA is, at best, an unplayable shambles) and Codies are simply incapable of NOT ruining franchises (it is actually their mission statement now I believe) so I think we are screwed. This makes me very sad.

13. Taxman says:

Bullshots but using in game assets from the looks of it.

It will be interesting to see just how much of a “military sim” this game will be or will it ease up on things to draw more people in.

14. Jim Rossignol says:

Odds on for it being COD4.

15. Cigol says:

In what way is ArmA unplayable exactly? I’m having a hoot with my copy…

16. THX-1138 says:

Yeah, I don’t understand why people complain about ArmA being unplayable etc. I really enjoy it, and after the patches it is perfectly playable.

As for these pics, they look like doctored screenshots to me. I noticed the texture stretch on that guy’s arm and thought if it was a concept image they’d have that sorted out. Although the rest do look rather painted to me.

17. Piispa says:

They’re authentic, alright.. Authentic bullshots.

Comment on this story