Spectromancer Multiplayer Beta

How come I always blog about the stuff with the 2D graphics which never move?

Those who remember the ancient days of February will recall me blogging about Spectromancer, the card-game-esque wizard-wargame, from the makers of Magic: The Gathering and Astral Tournament. I probably mentioned that while the Single-Player was fun, the multipliplayer Beta was forthcoming. Well, now it’s forthcome. I have played one game, which I won, so this means this must be the greatest game the world has ever seen. Weak narcissism aside, well worth a download. Oh – and a second playable class of the Illusionist has been added to the already available Cleric. The Illusionists go wild!

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Jim Rossignol says:

RPS: We Laugh At Your Multi-Million Dollar “AAA” Games!

2. Okami says:

I’m really disappointed. I was actually waiting for some explanation how this game fits in RPS’ SPACE WEEK.

Come on, you can do it!

3. Jim Rossignol says:

*points to tags*

4. Okami says:

hmmm…. a bit cheap, if you ask me…. I was expecting better (read: cheasier) from you.

5. Joonas says:

The game looks cool enough. I could not beat the single player.

6. Lorc says:

The online part is simple and clean. Account creation can be done from within the game – email address asked for but no confirmation required. There’s your expected “lobby” chatroom, but also a one-click instant gamefinder.

7. Zeno, Internetographer says:

Hopefully this will provide a cheaper alternative to MTGO.

8. Mr Pink says:

I’ve played this a lot since Kieron’s first post. I really like it, it’s certainly got that “one more game” thing going. It’s a little on the simplistic side, but I’m coming round to that, it makes the games more streamlined. My brother and I will enjoy some multiplayer shenanigans with this.

It’s still not M:TG, but then not many things are.

9. Högni Þór says:

I’m still on the “The random deck generation makes my skin crawl” part of the fence on this one. I really did try, but failed.

10. Briosafreak says:

Been playing it for days now, lots and lots of fun. The servers are down many times though.

11. Blackcrowned says:

I havnt played a game this addicting since the fallout tactics demo came out several years ago. spent whole days doing nothing but playing.

12. whalleywhat says:

Very addictive game. If they tweak the balance to perfection, I think this has more potential than most CCGs. Strategies other than “spend the most money” might emerge.