Sins Expansion Confirmed

By Jim Rossignol on April 3rd, 2008 at 8:39 am.

Excuse me if I whoop and perhaps punch the air, but I am uncharacteristically over-excited by the announcement that RPS’ favourite space RTS of the moment, the gigantic and enthralling Sins Of A Solar Empire, is going to get an expansion pack. Wired are the couriers of this splendid news:

While he couldn’t nail down a date for the expansion pack’s release, Mr. Wardell did mention that the expansion would include some much-requested features including a “full on campaign” mode as well as new playable factions.

We’ll be talking more about Sins this week, probably.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Dorian Cornelius Jasper says:

Excellent.

*cue villain laugh*

2. Your Social Worker says:

It’s only been out a week!
    Gah, cash happy.

Also, how about an alternet set of ship-icons? I find the current ones completely identical.

3. Ging says:

Awesome sauce – I particularly like the news of a campaign mode, while I appreciate the skirmish play, it lacks well, an ending.

4. sigma83 says:

I would like a reason (well okay, MORE of a reason) to go through a 2-3 hour skirmish mode. :P

5. Garreett says:

@ Your Social Worker, it’s been out for ages.

6. malkav11 says:

Yep, campaign mode would be the bestest thing ever. It’s one of the few RTS games I’ve felt is deep and enjoyable enough to bother playing in an undirected skirmish fashion (as opposed to the directed skirmishes of a Dark Crusade-esque strategy map, say.), but I’m still a campaign man at heart.

7. Space Marshall Pod says:

Ages? It’s been out two months! Or is that faaaar to long in the money grabing world?

8. SCdF says:

Am I the only the one who saw the title ‘Sins Expansion Confirmed’ and somehow mapped that to ‘SiN Episode 2 Confirmed’?

Your silence speaks volumes.

9. itsallcrap says:

Fsck me, an expansion already?

I’ve had this about a week and finished approximately 2 games of it.

Who the hell can possibly have played through all the maps already?

10. Zeno, Internetographer says:

It sounds like less an expansion and more a “things we should’ve included”.

Now, to see if the expansion is as heavily-pirated as the original…

11. Fumarole says:

Geez, people. The expansion was planned well before the game was released. Just read a few interviews with the developers. They explicitly stated the much-wanted campaign was going to be released in an expansion. You all do remember the game wasn’t full price, right? Hell, I got my copy for $35 on release day.

12. malkav11 says:

$40 *is* full price in PC-land, these days.

13. Malibu Stacey says:

Any UK people know where to buy it on this side of the pond or will I need to have it shipped from the US? I’ve checked the usual suspects (amazon.co.uk, play.com & gameplay.com) but no luck. Even google’s product searches don’t fill me with confidence.

14. Arcalane says:

Your best (or, uh, only, aside from shipping across the pond) bet is to buy online & download via Stardock Central – Stardock’s digital distribution system, which is quick, easy, and perfectly safe. SDC is also the only place you can get the official patches from.