Something Else To Fear

By John Walker on April 3rd, 2008 at 8:44 am.

A new Project Origin trailer appears, in what appears to be a series attempting to put us off the game as much as possible. This time with 34 seconds of company logos!

We’d show you far more of ourselves, Gametrailers.

More floating down dingy corridors, more sudden cuts to a monster, and then some game footage that could come from any shooter ever. (Although Mr Flippityfloppity looks fun). Come on Monolith! What are you doing?

, , , , .

1. Ging says:

Bah, their thin scrawny psycho guy in green hospital trousers is just too, visible.

2. RC-1290 says:

Ha ha, texture fighting on the wall.

3. Mooey Poo says:

When I get up in the morning I put a special DVD I made in my DVD player. It features a random game company’s intro logo, followed by a random dev company’s intro logo, and then brief adverts for Nvidia, Intel, Logitech and Creative. I can’t function properly without it.

4. 18Rabbit says:

Man, that looks like a pain in the ass to play. Everyone wants to be System Shock.

5. Smee says:

That is the most disgusting character animation I’ve ever seen.

6. Noc says:

Gollum! GOLLUM!

Is what it reminded me of.

7. Seth Tipps says:

This is starting to remind me of the time when Monolith was capable of producing nothing that did not generate laughs at Old Man Murray. In their defense though, it does seem that they have a market: people who really liked the original fear and would like some more of it. Trouble is that the features that made the game so great, innovative AI and absolute trippiness, are not going to be enough to compete with new environments. Dark scary hallways are only claustrophobic when you’ve been outside in more open areas. This is what I believe made S.T.A.L.K.E.R so terrifying when you went underground. If you hadn’t gotten used to the relative prettiness of the Zone, and the feeling that you always had somewhere to run, you wouldn’t feel trapped when you heard the bloodsuckers screaming in the distance.

8. Jonathan says:

No One Lives Forever seems a long long time ago.