“Taxa Be Monophyletic”

ShackNews have put up an interview with FlashBang, the creators of JetPack Brontosaurus and Off-Road Velociraptor Safari. More interviews should include these questions:

Shack: Favorite dinosaur?

Flashbang: Ravens. We take a cladistic standpoint and demand our taxa be monophyletic, so “dinosaurs” must include Aves, the modern birds.

Shack: Favorite dinosaur video game?

Flashbang: Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis is hands down the best dinosaur related game ever created. Not even kidding.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Man Raised By Puffins says:

Hehe, great interview. Particularly like the discussion on the metaphors running through Raptor Safari.

2. drunkymonkey says:

I actually have Genesis installed on my computer. It was an awesome game, and underrated, I think. Sore, the core elements were pretty simple, but the idea (and the execution) was sound, and it has a pretty nice atmosphere to it.

3. Saflo says:

Operation Genesis was really fun and a noble effort, but ultimately not the heavenly build-your-own-Jurassic-Park game I’d always been (and still am) waiting for.

4. Ginger Yellow says:

I picked Genesis up on budget about a year ago. It’s still a lot of fun.

5. Jonty says:

Genesis was great. The ability to feed guests to the exhibits is one I feel many museum curators secretly wish for. Plus: photo safari! Take *that*, Beyond Good And Evil.

6. KingMob says:

And besides, everyone knows that the Velociraptor is from the Cretaceous period and Apatosaurus is from the Jurassic. The notion that one serves the other implies a social link and management infrastructure that would have spanned 70 million years, which is economically asinine.
    Great interview.
    I’d just like to point out – THESE games show us how great a browser-based game can be, and help set the bar for graphics quality.

7. po says:

If Adobe ever get round to integrating some kind of OpenGL/better 3D hardware access element into Flash then it’s going to rock game development to it’s foundations.