Use Key in Moloch?

By Kieron Gillen on April 14th, 2008 at 11:11 am.

Some manna of dyslexia-based gag around Santa would be traditional, but it's too early.

Generally speaking RPS has a somewhat tempestuous relationship with Telltale’s games. Walker specifically tends to go on a big ol’ rant whenever they come up, which probably means it’s a good thing he’s off having adventures in San Francisco and I’m posting the news that the Sam & Max Season 2 Finale “What’s New, Beelzebub?” is now available to play. There’s a twelve-or-so Peggles demo available before you splash out, and a full Season 2 set with all five episodes is available to buy if you don’t fancy this episodic thing, thankyouverymuch.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Chris Evans says:

Hear hear! I am with Walker! Hear Hear!

2. fluffy bunny says:

A good finale for a great season.

(I’m with this guy: http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,862/ )

3. Alec Meer says:

Worst twist ever.

4. Phil says:

Worst than Hugh Bliss is really a sentient collection of alien spores for no reason what so ever?

5. Zeno, Internetographer says:

Eh, I tried one of these once. I had to go play a good adventure game to get the taste out of my mouth.

6. Turin Turambar says:

It’s an irregular series. 2×04 was great, for example, but 2×02 (Moai Better Blues) was a sin to God’s eyes.

7. RLacey says:

Maybe I’m weird, but I quite liked Episode 202.

It’s been a pretty fun season in my opinion. They’re not the best adventure games that I’ve ever played, but I find more than enough within them that I like to keep me very pleased :).

8. Ozzie says:

I don’t know.
    Except for 104 I haven’t played any other Sam & Max episode so far.
    But I thought it was a very good one, even in comparison to the old LucasArts classics.
    It was well and thoughtfully designed, but don’t expect anything new or groundbreaking. The new Sam & Max episodes don’t introduce new gameplay mechanics or come with a bag full innovations, but nevertheless, they are fun.

I played Hit the Road recently again and indeed, the new Sam & Max has probably a different sense of humor and weirdness than the first adventure of the Freelance Police.

9. Chaz says:

I’ve never really got the hang of these point and click adventure/puzzle games. I think I got about a quarter of the way through Grim Fandango before having to resort to a cheat sheet the rest of the way through. I just don’t have the patience for spending half an hour clicking through loads of items and options to figure out some obscure and often illogical puzzle.

10. Zeno, Internetographer says:

The paramount flaw of point-and-click games as a whole is that it isn’t good enough to find a solution, you have to find their solution.

11. malkav11 says:

One of season 2’s welcome innovations is an in-game hint system that doesn’t feel out of place at all. If you’re wandering around stuck, Max or another character may make an off the cuff comment that points in the right direction…but it’ll also be a perfectly appropriate in character comment for the situation. (not that this always unstuck me, but it’s neat anyway.)

12. sbs says:

I dont think I ever completed a point&click adventure without at least once consulting the walkthrough. Still if the storyline is compelling and the characters rich I manage to enjoy it, although I am in fact not really involved in solving it.

13. phil says:

This was a great episode, except for the last puzzle. I had to consult the walkthrough (which is helpfully provided on the telltalegames site!).. And I’m glad that I did it sooner rather than later. The solution was so ridiculous, there’s no way I’d have gotten it. A little disappointing there, but as I said, otherwise a great episode. Especially if you’ve played the previous episodes – they tie up the time travelling stuff, which although predictable (:P) is kinda neat and fun.