Compo: Lineage II Super-Lavish Edition

By Alec Meer on April 18th, 2008 at 3:01 pm.

You can totally see her belly-button

It’s been a bit competition frenzy on RPS of late, but hell, you like free stuff, right?

This time, we’ve got a copy of the collector’s edition of Lineage II to give away, courtesy of MMO kingpins NCsoft. It’s worth £55, and it’s stuffed with tchotkes. There’s a soundtrack CD in there, a lavish artbook, a big old map, a couple of posters and a statuette of a hot elf-angel-lady-thing. Most importantly, it includes an exclusive in-game item. I quote NCsoft verbatim here: “the Pig Lollipop, which allows players to transform themselves into a pig.” Yes. The Pig Lollipop!

Entry details beneath the cut.

There’s also something called the Black Half Mask, and a token for discounts on renames and server transfers.

Oh, the giant box also contains, of course, the the latest version of this PVP-orientated fantasy MMORPG, which has some 17m subscribers worldwide, and is known officially as Lineage II: Saga II: The Chaotic Throne: First Throne: The Kamael. For the sake of sanity, we’ll just call it The Kamael. The box set (and the £15 standard edition) comes with 45 days of game time, plus a couple of bonus accounts for your chums.

To enter, just email over your conclusion to the following:

“Elves should not be forcibly banned from videogames because…”

We’ll either pick an answer we like best or we’ll drug John’s cat, deposit its slumbering, twitching form on his keyboard while the compo inbox is open, and see which mail’s on-screen when the beast finally awakens. But probably the former.

Deadline is two weeks from today – the 2nd of May.

Rules
- One entry per person
- Editors’ decision is final and stuff
- Prize is one copy of the Lineage II: The Chaotic Throne Collector’s Edition. Runners-up may get a hug. A digi-hug, anyway.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Dorian Cornelius Jasper says:

On the one hand, I don’t want to actually play Lineage II.

On the other hand, that’s some pretty neat-looking swag to leave on a desk somewhere.

Hmm….

2. ImperialCreed says:

Didn’t KG review this for PCG? IIRC he (or whomever it was) wasn’t impressed. I had to do a write up on it for another website and the game is utter, utter shit. 100% grind machine with zero atmosphere and some of the laziest game design known to man.

I love the fact RPS is running compos (and I’m still waiting to hear about the tank one), but this prize isn’t worth winning, unless you want to quickly hawk it on eBay.

3. Albides says:

I hate grinds. But free stuff is always good. What the hell, I’m in.

4. Thingus says:

It’s a FREE grind, and a helpful paperweight to boot. And you can turn you player into a pig. What’s bad about that?

5. 18Rabbit says:

Hell, in 45 days you should be able to make level 4 or 5 at least. Alec forgot to mention that Lineage ][ features the most advanced breast sway engine in the world.

6. bat_boro says:

Ok, 18Rabbit, I think you convinced me.
    I’m in.

7. ImperialCreed says:

@18Rabbit: I thought DoA laid claim to that title?

8. Stromko says:

Oh wow, that’s a lot of elf-wank material!

Seriously no, I don’t want it. What’d we ever do to you RPS?!

9. Winterborn says:

Not sure I’d play this for free.

10. malkav11 says:

Pig Lollipop? Sold.

11. Zhal says:

“Alec forgot to mention that Lineage ][ features the most advanced breast sway engine in the world.”

I’m in!

12. DigitalSignalX says:

It’s true. The entire reason to play a elf buffer class is to watch the endless jiggle variations as you cast. Or run. Or jump. Or craft. Or .. well. You get the point. *cough*

13. Chiablo says:

I still have my old copy of Lineage 2 from launch. I wonder how the game has progressed since then…

I do remember attacking a ton of level 1 mobs and getting them to follow me around into cities. There wasn’t any kind of rubber banding of the mobs, so they’ll follow you anywhere.

I would yell at people for killing my pets, causing much confusion.

14. Dorian Cornelius Jasper says:

This is embarassing. I just sent my entry, but I took a look back at older compos on the site and realized:

“Crud. I wasn’t supposed to send them my contact info.”

Now I feel like a jackass. Alas, the crimes of the newbs.

15. Sev3rity says:

Has a winner been picked yet? Kinda curious to hear some of the submissions.

Comment on this story