Wheelman, Runs On Diesel

By Jim Rossignol on April 21st, 2008 at 1:36 pm.

EDIT: Kieron already blogged about the trailer here, I am slow.

Vin Diesel’s game-chums at Tigon Studios haven been busy making an open world racing game, Wheelman, which is now set to be published by Midway in the Autumn. It’s now reported to be coming on PC as well as the consoles, which seems to bes the first time that little fact has appeared on our radar. Also it seems that Midway-Newcastle are doing some of the development legwork for the game too, hey guys! Work on this started on this several years ago, so it looks like it’s been slow to gestate. Let’s hope the long wait was worthwhile.

Anyway, it’s a speed-and-violence type game, in which Vin “Quite Likes Videogames” Diesel plays the main character, Milo Burik. (I originally thought he was called Milo Bunk, which would have been much better.) Anyway, the main hype site is up here, and has some screens and stuff. There’s also a gameplay-footagey GT interview with the executive producer, Shaun Himmerick, after the jump.

GameTrailers, you’re our Triple-X.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Man Raised By Puffins says:

Yup, this world needs more characters called Bunk, preferably ones like this.

As for the game, I have zero interest in driving games (although the arcadey racing in GTA is tolerable) so count me out for this one.

2. eck says:

pr chatter shite

3. The Shed says:

This looks like another of Milo’s attempts at makin some bread (read dough) out of his vague respect for the gaming community. Although tbh I certainly couldn’t complain about Butcher Bay. Short and sweet.

Now what I’d like to see is a Euphoria plus Havok powered Driver game. THAT I’d buy.

4. Simon says:

Wasn’t this a movie game based on a film that was an american remake of the Transporter?

And a game where the storyboards are supposed to be the base for an interactive sequence is most likely going to push the meaning of the word interactive.

5. Jonathan says:

Oh goody. A game designer who thinks the best thing a computer game can ever be is an interactive film.

That bodes well.

6. darkripper says:

Stupid question: is there any reason why there’s often no license plate on cars in this kind of games?
    I think these are the sort of small details that make a virtual world unbelievable.

7. Cigol says:

Generating unique license plate numbers for each vehicle at any given moment might be an issue.

8. Lh'owon says:

I’m sure they could surmount that issue (if they could be bothered, of course) but they probably can’t have any real life number plates, which could be difficult to do.

Actually not, seeing as they could just make them longer/shorter than they are in RL.

I really have no clue.

9. Mr. Miyagi says:

What an annoying bastard…

10. Eldray says: