Exodus From The Earth

By Jim Rossignol on April 29th, 2008 at 9:00 am.

Strategy First have announced that they’re going to be publishing a new sci-fi shooter, Exodus From The Earth. It’s being developed by Parallax Arts Studio, who are based on St. Petersburg. This is Parallax’s third game, and I can’t say I know much about the other two. I vaguely remember the announcement of “Liquidator 2″ but little more. They’ve quite possibly only found distribution in Russia before now.

The features list for the game looks like a checklist of any old FPS, but the screens have some fancy lookin’ vehicle combat action, which might spice things up a little. Not getting my hopes up though, natch. I was, incidentally, out in Russia recently for a report that will be published in PC Gamer UK next month. I saw some pretty interesting stuff, and there are definitely a couple of shooters coming out of Russia that have the potential to shake things up a little. Most impressive of the lot is Cryostasis. But more on that another time.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Bananaphone says:

Liquidator 2 and Utopia City were published in the UK by Reef Entertainment. Two of the worst games I’ve ever had the misfortune to play.

2. Flint says:

The screens look nice enough (I’m a sucker for scifi FPS games), but the whole vehicle thing is a more negative thing for me. What happened to being content about strolling around on foot instead of being forced to climb onto clumsily moving large bullseye targets that can’t defend themselves properly?

3. hydra9 says:

I’m a big fan of Russian shooters (Check out You Are Empty, one of my favorites) but Parallax Arts do not have a good record: Utopia City was appalling (hilarious, but appalling) and Liquidator was not much better. Both were actually unplayable, to tell the truth, and it takes a lot for me to give up on these types of games. That said, Exodus looks somewhat better. I’ll tentatively give these guys one last chance.

Now, Cryostasis… That could be something really special… I’m definitely looking forward to that one!

4. MeestaNob! says:

That looks incredibly pretty.

*waits patiently*

5. spd from Russia says:

o hai. I had worked in that company (on another project tho)
    Its not a great game, but its ok. Its playable. Unlike Liquidator, Utopia and aptly named You are Empty (which is void of any gameplay). But dont expect anything close to hl2 or stalker.
    The game was done ~half year ago and the dev studio got closed btw.

6. hydra9 says:

I played this game a while ago, and enjoyed it. Don’t expect AAA gaming but do expect a pretty lengthy, varied and fun shooter, with hilarious voice acting. Enemies call you ‘milksop’! For the FPS fanatic: Worth picking up in a Steam sale.

Comment on this story