Freaky Creatures Freakitude Displayed

By Kieron Gillen on May 1st, 2008 at 1:42 pm.

There’s a new trailer up for Freaky Creatures, an online 1-vs-1 combat game with Spore-esque nobs is up, showing off its Spore-esque nobs. It is here, in this post, embeded for your convenience.

Hmm. While the basic concept of being able to design your fighting game character is a neat one – if horrific to balance in any meaningful way, I suspect – designing your own fighting game character to fight in that fighting game is a somewhat less appealing prospect. I suspect the forthcoming Beta will make things clear.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. itsallcrap says:

Metatags – the postcard of tomorrow

2. Bobsy says:

Dear lord how dull. It’s got very little in common with Spore and looks more like a less ambitious run at City of Veroes. Adding wings to an ugly baby? I mean really?

3. Dinger says:

So that’s what happens when you go to a EuroDisco, take some bad acid, and end up in a back room playing Mail Order Monsters.

4. Tunips says:

My word, that was so terrible it nearly reduced me to tears of apathy. On the other hand, the former soviet union’s various colossal monuments to the motherland and indeed very impressive, and quite make up for it.

5. Zonderic says:

Just because creatures are made up of a hodge-podge of limbs et al, doesn’t mean it has to look like that.

6. Mooey Poo says:

The music for this sounds just like the music for Kart N Crazy. Looks good though. Not trackmania good though.

7. Kanakotka says:

While it looks pretty, i have to inject a couple of thoughts.
    Does anyone else think that creating something does not equal selecting a base template and adding near meaningless little trinkets to it, but something else?

And that combat looked awfully, awfully slow. While it may be a kid’s game (totally guessing here) it’s still very slow paced. oO

8. 18Rabbit says:

It’s like the poor kid who had to by the dollar store version of Pokemon arena. How the rich kids laughed and laughed.

9. Lh'owon says:

That’s an interesting take on genetic engineering: Add wings! Add fire sword! Add ability to project ice everywhere! Those genes sure have potential.

Oh, and any game that asks me “Are you freaky?” is also asking for immediate human extinction.

10. KingMob says:

Am I the only one who wanted to do something else with those character models? I mean, I liked the idea of swapping colors, changing attributes, adding weapons, but then I wanted to manage them in an RPG or RTS or something.

Fighting games simply do not work with customizable fighters, for balance reasons.

11. Optimaximal says:

Does anyone else agree that the combat it let down by its obvious turn-based inspiration?
    They need a full-on Street Fighter/Tekken/King of Fighters hardcore mega-speed real-time fighting to make it interesting!