MMODCODWSTCCFRG

By John Walker on May 1st, 2008 at 1:45 pm.

Sure, Kart N’ Crazy couldn’t be more of a MarioKart rip-off if it featured an Italian plumber, but it’s online, has experience and “nitros” to be spent on gadgets and gear, and hell, this is a really well put together trailer.

As for the confusion at the end where it’s “Available Now” and “Coming Soon”, we think the latter means the extra content that appears every two weeks. But it’s definitely available, for free, from GOA.com. It’s downloading now. Expect some thoughts in a bit. And mockery of the dreadful name. From a site called “Rock, Paper, Shotgun”.

, , .

1. faelnor says:

Kart’n rip-off-road deliciousness. Crazy !

(Turtles, weapons, gift boxes, traps, red&blue flames, drifts, aspiration, spiky shells, wooden bridges, sandy and icy world, big jumps, turbo plates…. everything is stunningly there. Will they get away with it ? Stay tuned !)

2. Jochen Scheisse says:

They have viking helmets in. Will download.

3. phuzz says:

It’s probably about time someone tried to compete with Mario Cart, although you’ll have to go pretty far to better it.

4. Zonderic says:

I was really hoping the name of the game was that very very long acronym at the top.

5. c-Row says:

That looks like a lot of fun, and the trailer is great.

6. Mooey Poo says:

I think the “coming soon” refers to the new content. It looks fun though. Not trackmania fun though.

7. Beefeater says:

Looks a lot like KartRider, which was/is insanely popular in Chinese netcafes.

8. Cruz says:

Hmm, no U.S. on the registration. I am officially a Britisher now on GOA.com. Hello neighbors!

9. Ian says:

@Cruz: Tally ho, pip pip and all that.

10. Snofeld says:

@Cruz: You mean neighboUrs! Also, jolly good old chap…wait, I’m Scottish…uh…OCH!

11. John Walker says:

Phase One of the RPS plan to take over America is complete!

12. Kanakotka says:

Is anyone else bothered by all of these i-want-to-be-so-anime-cute in almost every game released nowadays? I mean, seriously.

13. Dorian Cornelius Jasper says:

I’m… pretty sure that’s not “anime” cute, just good, ol’ fashioned cartoony cute.

But hey, if cute works for some games, so be it. If anything, I’m glad that there isn’t a surplus of Dreary Looking Games nowadays. And not the good “designed to evoke emotions not normally tapped into by games” dreary, I mean “can’t these people think of a decent art design that doesn’t involve three shades of brown and grey?” Dreary.

It’s about perspective.

14. Synnah says:

Dorian speaks the truth; there’s nothing about the styling that is particularly ‘animé’. And this game doesn’t really do anything that KartRider didn’t do about two years ago.

And anyway, it’s no Trackmania.

15. Smee says:

It’s colourful, that’s all. Isn’t that a good thing?

I am so definately Morrigan.

16. Rustkill says:

Looks like it’s from the same people who made Gunbound? Gunbound was good fun when I played it way back (might even be worth trying again). I imagine Kart N’ Crazy will follow the same formula of cute cartoony graphics, lean gameplay and money generated by micropayments. The only things I disliked about Gunbound were that the items you could earn (or fork out cash for) followed a very linear upgrade path – everyone ended up looking the same because item X was clearly the best item – and the people with cash to burn had a huge advantage due to their gear. If KN’C goes down the same path I imagine it will be fun for a while but ultimatley a little frustrating.

17. Albides says:

O Wacky Wheels, how I miss thee.

Very nice trailer, though.

18. MPK says:

What an insane amount of crap to go through to register.

19. kennycrown says: