Fallout 3 CD For Pre-Ordering US Types

By John Walker on May 20th, 2008 at 8:00 pm.

For your modern gramophone.

Hello significant American proportion of our readership. It turns out, if you pre-order Fallout 3 from “Gamestop”, whatever that is, you’ll get a soundtrack CD thrown in. (And a poster. For people who are students. Or not planning to get married).

The soundtrack (apparently not on offer to dirty, disgusting foreigners like us, not even at our very own equivalent oh-my-goodness-they-own-GameStation-too-isn’t-that-a-monopoly-surely Game) contains five songs, selected from the many in the game – three songs, and two bits of the score – as follows:

This is easier than typing.

Presumably there will be some sort of BioShock-style hack for the rest of us to get the tunes anyway, once the game is out, and then you stinky US-Gamestop-shopping types will be laughing on the other side of your faces. You’ll be so bitter. We’ll have our time.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Jochen Scheisse says:

Good news. Not married, will buy.

Also, I think there is a typo in your text, but I’m not pointing it out because I’m being meta-smug.

2. Chris Evans says:

Well I have the Collectors Edition ordered so I hope something like this is included in that :D

3. CitrusFreak12 says:

God, don’t get me started on the Bioshock soundtrack fiasco… I’m still pissed about buying the special edition for a measly figurine.

4. terry says:

Love the “45 RPM”.

5. John P (Katsumoto) says:

Bloody foreigners, being over there, having their special editions. Time to write an angry letter to the Mail! They’ll soon end this nonsense.

Also, i’m one of the lucky few whose partner lets them put game shit all over the walls, so this would be ideal! I’m sure there will be a way to get hold of it before too long, then it can take pride of place next to my Defcon poster ;)

6. Ogawa says:

Too bad it’s not an actual 45. That’d be sweet.

7. Mr. Brand says:

Hackin’, whackin’ & smackin’! But only in the US. Boo!

8. Scandalon says:

And a poster. For people who are students. Or not planning to get married

That’s what offices and/or garages/worshops/sheds are for. She decorates the bedroom, I decorate (if I ever get around to it) the office. I have posters of paintball guns, currently.

9. Benjamin Barker says:

Aha, “I Don’t Want to Set the World on Fire” by the Ink Spots! I heard that was the song they wanted for the original Fallout but for some reason they ended up with “Maybe” by the Ink Spots instead, the former making much more thematic sense of course. Perhaps the rights were too expensive, but with the size of the FO3 budget that’s at least one thing Bethesda can get right.

10. RichPowers says:

You’d have to throw in a lot more than a CD to get me to shop at Gamestop.

11. Briosafreak says:

Well I live in Europe and I have a Gamestop just ten minutes from home. Maybe that’s just a Brits thing?

12. John P (Katsumoto) says:

I bet they don’t have them in Chad either

edit: wait, we do have gamestops in the UK, as of last year at some point. But only two, and they’re in my lovely hometown of Birmingham (it’s just completely out of the way (well, not on New Street) and no-one is ever in it, hence me forgetting about it) and one in… Stockport. So yeah.

13. Brother None says:

GameStop is present in, to cite Wikipedia, U.S., Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom, Australia, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Austria, Puerto Rico, Switzerland, Portugal and Sweden.

So I assume it’s not limited to the US.

Also, to properly play my role: There we no soundtrack CD for the original Fallout! They’re raping the legacy of Fallout in the ear by including a soundtrack CD!!!!!!1111eleventy

14. Kommissar Nicko says:

Why didn’t they just put it on an actual 45 RPM as well? That’d be worth the extra cash!

15. Alan Au says:

Ah, but there was a CD of the original Fallout soundtrack. I think I even tried to order it, shortly before Interplay went belly-up.

16. Brother None says:

Yeah, I know, they gave it away to some people. Never knew they also sold it, tho’, only remember the give-aways.

I was only jokin”round.

17. Fumarole says:

Silly Brits, you should know the Vaults are American. Shouldn’t you have your own? Barrows perhaps?

18. wcaypahwat says:

I’ve never seen a gamestop down here in australia. We just have EB, and more recently, (since late last year) Game.

19. Josh says:

So, as a married guy, if I put the poster up on my wall will I soon no longer be married?

20. trioptimum says:

That’s some pretty wonderful sleeve design.

21. Crispy says:

Annoying insular marketing ploys. >_>

22. drhazard says:

I was going to be annoyed that I had already preordered from Amazon, but for five songs, I think I’ll hold my ire in.

23. ElGuapo says:

If you married guys can’t put a poster of your favorite games on the wall, might I suggest getting a man basement/space/room/study? Do they not have the concept of the “man’s room” in Merry Olde England?

24. dhex says:

what the hell is a “man’s room?”

25. HyLite says:

Man’s Room:
    Colors: black, brown, dirt, hunter green and shit.
    Smell: testosterone, beer, WD-40, flatulence.
    dimly lite, everything is ‘sticky’ to the touch, sharp pointy things strewn about the floor. Book(s) on shelf: ‘Quantum Enigma, Physics Encounters Consciousness’. Quote on wall: “There are 10 types of people, those who know binary and those who don’t”. I could go on, but then you’d know where my man’s room is.

26. Kadayi says:

what the hell is a “man’s room?”

What would in olden times be called either a study, or a shed, or my personal favourite, Bear Cave (Grr). Somewhere where you can escape the girlfriend/wife/kids/relatives for a few hours after dinner and potter away at the important things in life such as bicycle maintenance, model aeroplane making, web browsing, gaming, arguing on web forums etc, etc, without being pestered incessantly. ;)

27. jtbrandt says:

My wife and I are actually each buying our own copy (possibly one for PC and one for 360, but that is yet to be determined) so we can both play at the same time.

Clearly, you just need better wives.

28. Noc says:

Not to dwell on semantics, but he DID say “get married.” I feel like this is an important point.

Also, that’s not a lot of music at all.

29. kadayi says:

Clearly, you just need better wives.

When you find yourself one day wandering through the shopping centre wearing his and hers lilac tracksuits you’ll come to realise having a bear cave would of been a good idea.

30. Blackhat says:

Guns ‘N’ Roses?

31. Captain Obvious says:

I couldn’t care less. Makes no difference to the game development or what it will be like.