The Onion: World of World of Warcraft

By Kieron Gillen on June 12th, 2008 at 11:51 am.

‘Warcraft’ Sequel Lets Gamers Play A Character Playing ‘Warcraft’

Being fans of circular sentence construction jokes, RPS approves of the circular sentence construction of The Onion’s sentences. Though “the adorable attack” throw-away gag is my fave bit.

, , .

1. Ian says:

Saw this yesterday and thought it was quite funny.

I bet a “The Sims: World of World of Warcraft” expansion is already in the works.

It allows you to control an avatar who’s playing Onion-created game World of World of Warcraft.

2. Mike says:

Thanks for posting that Kieron! that was hillarious :D

3. Gap Gen says:

The Onion News Network is great all-round, really. My current favourite is the McCain secret service replacement one, or maybe the “should paranoid schizophrenics be secretly monitored for their own safety?”

4. Phil says:

The deadpan, tone perfect delivery on this one is a classic;

5. Justin Fletcher says:

This ticker item had me laughing even more than the video: “Poll: 64 Percent of Nation’s Seniors Would Rather Kill Themselves With Pill Overdose Than Try To Understand The Upcoming Switch To High-Definition TV”

6. Novotny says:

You gotta love the Onion. The Day Today for er, today.

7. Senethro says:

Hey, is that one of the guys from DerrickComedy?

8. Scandalon says:

I have nothing worthwhile to add (besides, perhaps, my vote for “World of Rock Paper Shotgun”). I will, however, point to this more pressing Onion piece.

9. DigitalSignalX says:

Can even direct your avatar to eat hot pockets?! Om nom nom!

10. Vollgassen says:

Nothing about World of Warcraft is funny. NOTHING!!@!! I refuse!

11. Forceflow says:

Pretty awesome, although the world of world of world of warcraft-bit was a bit predictable :)

12. Crispy says:

Did anyone notice the guy from the Derrick Comedy sketches? (Okay, Senethro obviously did) Guess he got a new job at Onion?

Those guys are the best

P.S. Big, black dildo!

13. Zago says:

You forgot to add loads of stuff in the game, I didn’t see the fridge, the portaloo or the energy drinks cans or coffee cups laying around the room, Match sticks for the eyelids or duck tape. Also power words like Imba and sayings like Paladins can’t tank were also missing. Dirge!