Girls Vs. Boys Vs. You Vs. Audiosurf

By Kieron Gillen on June 28th, 2008 at 12:30 am.

House of Girls Vs Boys was actually one of the first records I ever reviewed. Man!

Dylan Fitterer just dropped us a line to say how pleased he is with the latest act on his Audiosurf radio. It’s Godheads of Nineties Sex-infused electronic rock, Girls Vs Boys. He loves them. Hey – I love them. But I didn’t love them enough to reprogram some extra variation into the free tracks when you play them, which Fitterer did. Go Basstation and you’ve four lanes to deal with. All the Rage makes you face three times as many blanks as usual. The Come Down only lets you play mono, with no Stealth possible. Let it Breath demands a minimum of five blocks for a match. And – finally – you’re able to play all the four tracks in a first person mode.

All of it sounds like as good an opportunity as ever to return to Audiosurf for a run or eight. The page is here, where it’s still available for a highly reasonable ten dollars. Or there’s the demo. Yes.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Fox1 says:

Seriously, I have little to no idea what you’re talking about. I’m only moderately confident that this is english. Like, it seems like there’s a band name in the second sentence, but I have no idea what it is, there just seems to be random capitalization.

2. Mr. Fax Sender says:

That made little to no sense.

In fact, I think I’m a little dumber.

3. PleasingFungus says:

From what I could parse, plus Wiki:

1) The band Girls vs. Boys has free tracks now available on Audiosurf.

2) The creator of Audiosurf, Dylan Fitterer, has added extra modes to Audiosurf in honour of the band. (Possibly exclusively for their tracks?)

3) Hooray!

(But yeah, that was pretty confusing. Thought the band name was “Godheads”, on my first read, and am still not entirely sure of what the new modes do.)

4. Kieron Gillen says:

That’s what I get from trying to throw a quick post up before going to bed for a few hours. Sorry, ladies and gents. Tweaked.

KG

5. Nuyan says:

Awesome! It’s a band I’d probably love but haven’t really gotten into yet. Seems like a good opportunity.

6. Sandro says:

fyi: if you look at the bottom left of the image included in the post, you can see that the band’s name is actually “Girls Against Boys;” it’s often abbreviated as “Girls vs. Boys” or “GVSB.”

7. Dinger says:

Okay, now that everyone’s left: Theologically, Godhead must be singular, as opposed to the three persons of the Trinity. Not that I care, beyond the fact that a cultural reference signifying nothing makes you Dennis Miller. Oh, and two to try: The Raveonettes, Aly Walk With Me and Parts and Labor, Knives and Pencils.

Comment on this story