Make Bouncy Bouncy

By John Walker on July 1st, 2008 at 10:27 am.

Bouncy! Bouncy!

Make Bouncy Bouncy is a funny name. I think that’s clear. It’s also going to be the game that distracts you from work today, thanks to a version of the demo embedded in the By Design Games website.

Go on, make it.

The idea is to bounce your block from tile to tile, which grows in size each time you consecutively bounce without landing on the same tile twice. Eventually you’ll get so big that it gets terribly excited, and has a bit of a Peggle moment blaring classical music and firing off explosions of colour, which can then all come amusingly crashing down with a fart noise if you mess up. The clean, cel-shady design is pretty lovely, and the use of sound is spot on – again, comparable with Peggle’s aural skill.

You can download the demo here (but it does appear to be in French once you start), or you can play the equally good embedded version (and in English) by clicking on the “Download” option.

, , , .

1. Synnah says:

I think the name is a hip-hop term, like, “Make money money!”

2. Theory says:

I see a ball rolling to the middle of a whirlpool. Then it stops. Nothing else happens.

3. Kast says:

Same problem. Short game, heh.

4. dAN says:

this is the last time I heard the phrase “bouncy bouncy”:

1:04

5. Aen says:

Hey, someone remade Continuum/Alpha Waves. Pretty cute too.

6. Noc says:

Dan: I see your Monty Python, and raise you a Boosh.

In other news, I hit the ground on the third level right at the end, and I saw a little test bit that said “Oh Noes.” I laughed.

7. sbs says:

The retarded mouselook kind of-lag made this unplayable.
    Feels either like theres a huge latency or a low sens with insanely high accel. Come to think of it, I had the same Problem with the Jet-pack Brontosaurus game which used this Unity-Web player pos, too, maybe the problem is there.

8. caesarbear says:

Bah, this game is rather unfun.

9. roskelld says:

Doesn’t work with a track pad, and I can’t be arsed digging my mouse out now.

10. RC-1290'Dreadnought' says:

It’s funny, but it’s hard to know where you need to go after the next jump, which makes it anoyingly hard at some points. I also hate the delayed controlls, rotation and movement should be instant.

11. ByDesign Games says:

Hi guys. Saw your posts and wanted to chime in here, if I can help.

Theory, Kast; hmm haven’t seen this issue in our tests. Can you submit your system details (also which version you saw this on)? http://www.bydesigngames.com/contact

Noc; That’s not test info! :P Also, Mighty Boosh looks like a great show, I laughed out loud seeing that (is that Preacher from Nathan Barely?)

Sbs: Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity options? Title Screen -> Options. Defaults are tuned for the “average” system, but some power users find the defaults to be unfavorable.

caesarbear; sorry you didn’t like it (it doesn’t try to be more than it is, and is not for everyone).

Roskelld; Hmm, works fine with the track pads we tested. Can you submit your system details? http://www.bydesigngames.com/contact

RC-1290′Dreadnought’: Yeah it’s the age old input problem. Some games use input settings that please some of the people, and other games use different input settings that please the rest :P We tested the input scheme on a variety of casual players and ultimately came to the current version; some love it, some “hate” it. re: “hard to know” are you seeing shadows? If not, please submit your system details and version used; http://www.bydesigngames.com/contact

Hope we can help resolve these issues for you guys. We know the game is not everyone’s cup ‘o tea, but appreciate you playing nonetheless!

Also, Portal fans can check out an option (Title screen -> Options) to experience Companion Cube: The Early Years :P

12. jt says:

i think its preaty badass game

13. Andy says:

boringgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!