Rise Of The Argonauts In Motion

By Jim Rossignol on July 28th, 2008 at 5:36 pm.

This first trailer has some FMV footage and commentary from lead writer on Rise Of The Argonauts, Rico Sablan, who explains their “meaningful choices” design motif. Trailer number two reveals a live demo from Comic-Con, showing combat and some rather wooden-looking characters via the gift of shakycam.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. dartt says:

Surely it’s “in stop motion”!

2. Po0py says:

Looks allright so far. They seem to be aiming somewhere between Mass Effect and God Of War. Not a bad ballpark to be aiming for, imho.

3. DSX says:

I think I’ll make a meaningful choice and skip it, unless they really come through with a meaningful plot, not just testosterone dripping hack n slash.

4. Jonas says:

DSX, from what I’ve read about it, it seems to be a more Mass Effect interpretation of the action-RPG genre than a Diablo interpretation. It does seem like it’ll have a lot of dialogue and character interaction, possibly some actual tactics once you’ve rounded up a proper adventuring group. It’s to be expected that they’d just show off the combat at a press event, but the fact that the first video was by their “lead writer” (too few studios even HAVE lead writers) is promising.

Certainly, it is too soon to write this game off entirely. Personally I think it looks great :)

5. MisterBritish says:

Yep, gonna have to get this too. ‘Fall’ is really filling up isn’t it?

6. Skalpadda says:

Still looks interesting, but I’m fearing the possibility that the story will be like something from Xena. Oh, horror.

7. Jonas says:

I’m especially liking the idea that non-fatal strikes will be represented as blocks and evading so connecting blows will usually kill you. That’s something the KOTOR games really ought to have done from the first installation.

And also: Why won’t my Gravatar work? :(

8. GeorgeR says:

So Skalpadda you’re afraid the entire game will be a thinly veiled display of how feminism leads to lesbianism?

Still though the game is looking good.

9. DSX says:

I just finished mass effect, and absolutely loved that I spent almost more time reading and exploring then I did clicking to kill stuff.

If that’s where this is going, awesome.

10. Skalpadda says:

Heh, well that would at least be something to hang a story on, but no, my experience with Xena is pretty much limited to being baffled by how much horrible acting, story, costumes and fighting you can put into a half hour TV show.

11. EyeMessiah says: