MySims – Well, More Like TheirSims

By John Walker on August 8th, 2008 at 9:30 am.

Even when it's brown and violent it's still cute.

Barf bags at the ready, below is the most sickly cute trailer for MySims on the PC. (I’d link, but the game’s site is still in denial about the PC port). You can see in the trailer that the game has a lot less to do with The Sims, and a lot more to do with Animal Crossing, with a dose of Duplo. Still, it’s hard to think of a more ideal environment for kids wanting to play online, so long as supervising adults can fill their ears with cotton wool and wear medicinal sunglasses. (These are things that come as standard with the Humblebot 2.0).

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Tim E says:

I wish I was a child again. Entertainment was rubbish when I was nine. Look what the nippers get nowadays.

Cue: Get off my lawn, you pesky kids, when I were a lad etc etc

2. The Hammer says:

Altogether now…

Awwwww!

3. Diogo Ribeiro says:

It was cutesy until those kids came up.

“We are simulating happiness by showing out big, pointy teeth!”

Jeebus.

4. Not-a-Bot says:

Play tag AND see who wins? The luxury kids live in these days!

5. Lionfire says:

Surprisingly, MySims on the Wii was quite entertaining (and not all that Sims-like). The bit that surprised me is that it kept adults’ attention longer than the childrens’. In one case, a confirmed Sim-hater played MySims through to “completion”.

It might not be an FPS, but it’s not quite what it looks like, either. If nothing else, it’s fun designing crazy furniture and houses for the fun characters, while just booting the nauseatingly cute ones out altogether.

6. Jochen Scheisse says:

In ye good olde days, the tag winner was mostly decided by being the kid that would hit you if you tagged it. I also fondly remember the long lasting Police and Robbers dispute over whether the other guy was dead.
    And now I notice there’s such a cruel and heartless preoccupation of rules and mechanics. Sad.

7. Alex says:

Wait.. just to be clear – is this now on PC?

8. Sax says:

And does it have an online mode?

9. RichPowers says:

I hope half the box is covered with a sticker indicating that the game is in fact online, for the PC, where you can play it online, using a PC that’s connected to the internet.

10. Clovis says:

The site got redisigned on this day. What happens when I pot on a really old story? Does something break?