Machinarium In Action

By John Walker on September 2nd, 2008 at 5:10 pm.

I want to cuddle it.

I’m so very excited to see that progress on Machinarium continues apace, with the first gameplay video emerging. The utterly gorgeous screenshots that preceded this have had me slavering to play it. Now seeing the endless charm of Jakub Dvorsky’s designs can be seen in their latest motions. Tis below.

I have found every one of Amanita Design‘s games to be a sheer joy to play, despite their being deliberately light on interactivity. Machinarium promises to feature many more puzzles and challenges, and is to be a full length, commercial game. I’m looking forward to it tremendously, and the video below demonstrates a few of these puzzly moments. You can also watch it fullscreen in HD here.

Machinarium Preview from Amanita Design on Vimeo.

Via IndieGames.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Alex says:

It looks and sounds lovely, as was to be expected.

2. Acosta says:

I think I could pass hours looking the screenshots. I may do it.

3. nabeel says:

That animation and overall style is just lovely.

nabeel

4. Gene says:

sweeeeeeeet
    also, reminds me a bit of neverhood (the overall feel of it) and that’s great. hey rps maybe write a neverhood retro-reminiscence thingy?

5. Sartoris says:

I love this, can’t wait.

Alos: I second the plea for a neverhood retro-reminiscence thingy! :D

6. Gene says:

Bah, I wish I had the neverhood cd with me now.. alas, all I have is the soundtrack. which I shall play now and die laughing.

7. Nimdok says:

Very Woodruff and the Schnibble. I like.

8. Esha says:

Whenever I see this, I have the urge to play the Samorost games again. This is absurd, because I’ve played them about fifteen bloody times each now. I like Amanita’s stuff though, as while it might not be games as art (or is it?) it is a testament to how real art can impact games.

It’s also a case for detailed 2D games still having their place in the World, and that adventure games could simply evolve properly (not Dreamfall) instead of dying out. Amanita’s games embody so many things that I love and philosophies I think the rest of the World should take note of, too.

So yes, I’m very excited about playing this rather off the wall game, too. If nothing else, it’s lots of almost cybernetic dadaist art and I could consume a bucketload of that without even the need for a game to be attached.

9. fishmitten says:

That art is absurdly beautiful. Hopefully there is enough depth in the gameplay to match it.

I’ve never played their previous titles, but will look them up after seeing this.

Edit/ Actually, cancel that – I have played Samorost before… Interesting stuff.

10. Nero says:

Wow, absolutely stunning visuals as always from these people.

11. The Shed says:

Wot fantastic design larks, Joe

12. James T says:

Full-length Amanita game? Suits me!

That looks much like the Samorost games in mechanics, so, leaning distinctly towards the toy/installation-art end of the ‘interactive media’ continuum; that’s just fine, to my mind — Samorost was a pleasure, whatever it was.

*goatsong*

13. Chris says:

Love the illustrations.
    Its just so much fun entering into their worlds.
    I hope they go from strength to strength.

14. Subtle says:

Wow. I love that artwork, and the music goes perfect with it.
    I just hope that it doesn’t let me down, like the last game I purchased for the funky art and music (Eternity’s Child).

15. araczynski says:

wow, beautiful art.

16. MeestaNob! says:

Looks gorgeous. There is still a place in the world for good point-n-clickers, we’ve just been starved of them.

17. Bobsy says:

This is what games from the mid 90s would look like today. In a good way!

18. MeestaNob! says:

Yeah. It makes me pine for a re-make of the 2D Earthworm Jim games. They had fantastic backdrops, and could only be better at higher resolutions.

19. Marooc says:

so how do we play the game? is there any on the internet? or do we have to buy it

20. wholesale jewelry says:

wholesale jewelryonline store,we engaged in wholesale jewelry,such as:wholesale pearl,whoesale crystal,wholesale gemstone and etc/

Comment on this story