The Resident Evil Activity Book For Kids

By Alec Meer on September 12th, 2008 at 12:37 pm.

Seeing as we’re being all flippant and facetious today anyway, here’s another game-mocking fun time. The kids’ Resident Evil Activity Book. Includes fun puzzles for all the family, such as:

Diversify the infected!
Uh-oh! Someone accidentally made all the Resident 5 enemies the same nationality! Colour them in before there’s any controversy!

Um. The relevancy of this? Well, that RE4 PC port was rubbish.

__________________

« | »

1. fanciestofpants says:

To be fair, the pc port was fine if you had a dual-analogue gamepad. Which I clearly do.

2. Rook says:

Once you patched it and modded it a bit, it was actually better than the console versions. I think capcom have also said that RE5 would probably come to PC as long as their other releases could turn a profit on the platform.

3. Yhancik says:

I had the dual-analogue gamepad, I patched it, it still was terribly frustrating for me. I guess I’m not done for gamepad-aiming.

4. Valentin Galea says:

I played and finished it with single analog gamepad!

It was awesome!

+ the original textures from GC and shaders user patch => turn the PC port into the best looking of all platforms!

5. Heliocentric says:

bloody game was a mess. Visuals, controls, stupid ultra low res cut scenes, no mouse support, tank controls, and inventory management without a mouse is terrible.

Didn’t say it wasn’t fun.

6. The Shed says:

I still love my PS2 iteration.

If someone printed the T-shirts from the picture there- I’d buy em! Namely the “I Love to Party” in a bloody twisted font.

7. Nick says:

The Wii version was clearly the best. The Eurogamer reviwer was full of rubbish when he claimed the control system was bad.

8. Mo says:

That was awesome. I LOL’d at work. :)

9. Nullh says:

I loved the Gamecube version but never picked up on any other spin offs.
    @ Heliocentric Was there really no mouse support? I can perhaps see the twisted reasoning behind not allowing it ‘in-game’ but to remove it for the menus and inventory just seems like sadism.

Comment on this story