Batman Is Just A Minifigure

By Jim Rossignol on September 15th, 2008 at 9:30 pm.

The Lego Batman game is nearly here: September 23rd for North America, and October 31st for the rest of the world. This means trailers: BatTrailers! This one has the vehicles in, the Batmobile and the Batcycle? Something like that. There are also magnetic boots. The word on the grapevine is that it’s better than Lego Indy. Somewhat.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Thirith says:

I liked the two Lego Star Wars titles a lot, but when I played the Lego Indiana Jones demo I mainly felt, “Haven’t I played this before?” And I’m not especially nostalgic about Batman, so I’ll probably give this one a miss. Diminishing returns and all that…

2. Optimaximal says:

It’s more of a pure platformer/beat-em-up with jokes than the collect-em-up parodies of the games based on Lucas properties.

3. wyrmsine says:

Lego Indy was a bit underwhelming after the craziness of LSW (The Original Trilogy, at least). That’s partly the source material, though – Indy just doesn’t have the equivalent nonstop spectacle. Tough to compete with spaceship battles in asteroid belts, or toppling giant metal quadrupeds with a fishing line. Batman, on the other hand, should have even more nonstop spectacle… my fingers are crossed.

4. Shadowmancer says:

I for one wont be buying this, first the lego star wars ones work fine for me then I got lego Indy it refused to work for me despite being over the requirements for the game, gonna guess it uses the same shit as lego indy and not get it.

5. Bhlaab says:

Lego Indy was a bit like “Okay, why am I slowly solving puzzles character swapping puzzles in an Action Adventure movie?”

6. Esha says:

Did Batsy smile?

Does that mean that this could have the slightest sliver of Adam West 60’s Batman in it? It looked hammy enough. Oh please let that be the case, that was my favourite era of Batman, and a game made out of that would just be golden. (Edit: Even if it is a Lego-franchise based game.)

I want this kind of thing in my videogames: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4v1hAnfy1I

I have to say too that Robin’s hair does show a certain link to 60’s hair. Those bloody teases.

7. Ian says:

I’ll see how this one goes. I only have relatively limited gaming time these days and felt underwhelmed by Lego Indy coverage. I’m sure it’s fun enough but it wasn’t grabbing me. I’ll see whether this one does.

8. Optimaximal says:

In all fairness to Lego Indy, I felt it was much more enjoyable than the gratuitously over-complicated Lego Star Wars 2… talk about features for the sake of features!

Lego Star Wars was brilliant in its simplicity!

9. Andrew F says:

I like the way everyone is completely ignoring “It’s better than Indy! (allegedly)”

10. Irish Al says:

Why a month later outside the US? That’s begging to have it pirated.

11. Optimaximal says:

Why a month later outside the US? That’s begging to have it pirated.

Clearly a simultaneous release denies them the whole ‘those evil europe types pirated it’ as an excuse. A cunning publisher must leave such avenues open.

12. Masked Dave says:

I keep giggling after seeing Robin’s jet ski.

As I decided it must be called the Batski.

And then started imagining a Russan Batman(ski).

With the Batarangski and the Batmobileski in the Bat Caveski :D