New Strong Bad Demo Out

By John Walker on September 16th, 2008 at 3:07 pm.

The protest group.

Monthly releases come around so quickly. There’s another demo for the freshly available second episode of Strong Bad’s Cool Game For Attractive People. Definitely worth checking out.

Episode 1, out last month, is reviewed in the next PC Gamer, so I can’t possibly say anything about it. (It’s great! People at PC Gamer can’t read things in parentheses. They all suck!) This second episode (isn’t quite as strong, but is still a good time). So, in summary, better than Sam & Max and if you disagree, frankly you’re embarrassing yourself.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Tim E says:

Just because I’m holiday, at home, in my pants, doesn’t mean I can’t fire you, John.

2. Seniath says:

Completed it in a couple of hours last night; it’s a lot more structured than the first, but the puzzles are much simpler. However, in-jokes are abound (much moreso than in the first), and I was laughing out loud consistently throughout.

3. Esha says:

Ooh. Hooray! I quite enjoyed the first one, it was a fun way to wile away an hour. I’m downloading this one to give it a spin now, too. Thanks for the heads up, RPS! You worthy newshounds, you.

4. PetitPiteux says:

btw I haven’t seen a word on Grimm, the episodic game by American McGee… Is it that bad? From what i’ve seen, its said to be fine if a bit lacking in interactivity in the first episodes…

5. The_B says:

Unless you’re tied up. But then it’s less a ‘holiday’ and more a ‘hostage situation’.

6. Optimaximal says:

But Sam N Max Episode 2: Situation Comedy was released nearly 2 years ago!!!

7. Gap Gen says:

That entire depends on the holiday.

8. Nick says:

And if I know Tim, which I don’t, that’s the sort of holiday he’d enjoy.

9. John Walker says:

Tim, as he says, literally IS holiday.

As for Grimm, it was. See the next (current?) PC Format for my astute review.

10. Meat Circus says:

Walker tells lies.

Episode 2 is better than Episode 1, by a narrow margin, but they’re both pretty nifty.

Walker’s just upset that he got all confuzzled by the board game puzzle at the end.

11. Man Raised By Puffins says:

They’re both hovering around the same level of goodness, I found. I preferred the central conceit this time around, but being forced to sweep all areas with the metal detector was not exactly my idea of a fun time.

Edit: For grammar, and also to note that the ticking edit clock is very disconcerting.

12. John Walker says:

You didn’t think the pacing was all messed up this time? It’s still good, but it doesn’t flow well.

13. Andrew says:

So far I’m enjoying Episode 2 significantly more than Episode 1 but I haven’t played very much of it.

I think the writing’s far tighter this time.