By Jim Rossignol on September 16th, 2008 at 7:12 pm.
We don’t usually pay much attention to the charts, but I spotted the September 6th line up over on Shacknews and it amused me. And there’s a mystery…
1. The Sims 2 Apartment Life Expansion Pack / EA Maxis / $30 (Average)
2. Spore / EA Maxis / $49 (Average)
3. Spore Creature Creator / EA Maxis / $10 (Average)
4. World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest / Blizzard / $39 (Average)
5. The Sims 2 Double Deluxe / EA Maxis / $30 (Average)
6. World Of Warcraft / Blizzard / $20 (Average)
7. World Of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Expansion Pack / Blizzard / $29 (Average)
8. The Sims 2 Apartment Life Expansion Pack Limited Collector’s Edition / EA Maxis / $39 (Average)
9. Warcraft III Battle Chest / Blizzard / $39 (Average)
10. Crysis / Crytek / $33 (Average)
The Shack points out: “While some may not consider the appearance of Spore surprising, let alone magical, the game officially launched in the US on September 7–the day after the tracking period ended–suggesting that Spore managed to hit #2 without widespread availability.”
Weird, eh? Weirder perhaps is that Crysis somehow got in there. Shoo! Shoo! No top end envelope-pushing graphical masterpieces in OUR top ten!Tsk.