Peggle Nights!

By John Walker on September 17th, 2008 at 12:03 am.

Alec will actually contract fever from excitement.

Quick survey: has anyone heard of a game called Peggle?

Peggle Nights is out! Woo!

Nothing much more needs to be said. It’s £15 from Popcap, and there’s a demo on the site. New Peggle! (Clearly it’s not more Bookworm Adventures, but there’s still cause for celebration).

We’ll be playing the full version and will discuss it in childishly excited tones soon enough. Big thanks to Chris for pointing this out.

, , , .

1. Chris Evans says:

Wahoooooo :D

2. absence says:

hmm. How many Peggles is the Peggle Nights full download?

Or will we be adopting a new system of measurement?!

3. nabeel says:

Oh Em Gee.

nabeel

4. Chris Evans says:

I think we shall have to maintain the classic Peggle measurement, it is an unwritten rule I fear.

5. The_B says:

PEGGLE!

6. I says:

About 1.3 Imperial Peggles, I believe.

7. Esha says:

As if I didn’t have enough to keep me occupied, what with the new Strong Bad game, Spore, Warhammer Online, and now Peggle! My attention won’t know where to seat itself, I’ll be madly flitting from one game to the next. Still… I do love my Peggles, so I’m excited aswell. Perhaps I can run a Peggle game in the background of my Warhammer… and thus play Peggle whenever I’m waiting for anything to happen. That might work.

The only thing that would be better is a DirectDisplay overlay, so I could play Peggle in Warhammer.

8. Alex Cox says:

Not played it, but I saw others play a chunk of it today. It’s Peggle. Oh lordy it’s definitely Peggle. Perhaps a bit too Peggle, if you were expecting a vastly overhauled sequel.

But you really shouldn’t have been.

9. Thomas Lawrence says:

Oh man.

I only got done getting all levels 100% clear on the first one about three months ago.

10. Shadowmancer says:

Yay moar peggle, plus it confirmed it will have steam achievements and an online scoreboard woooo!

11. Carlton says:

I remember when I first played Peggle and expressing that it looked “dumb”. Then I couldn’t stop playing it.

This game is an uncaring and maniacal drug dealer, shoving methamphetamines into every orifice of your body. He cares not of money. He only cares about your complete and utter submission.

12. Saflo says:

I’m so happy. But I really shouldn’t be spending this money. But I’m so happy. Oh God.

13. Konky Dong XXII: Steel Fist of Terror - The Ronald McDonald Story says:

Peggle is the perfect game to play while watching TV. I can’t tell you how many hours I poured into the original Peggle while watching Law & Order reruns.

14. Seniath says:

It was strong to fight the urge to reply with just “PEGGLE!”. Not that what I just wrote really adds anything to this post anyhow…

PEGGLE!

15. DiGi says:

What is so good on Peeeegle? I really don’t know…

16. parm says:

*does a little dance*

Wait, it’s not on Steam yet? Boo. Oh well, Valve’s loss.

17. Larington says:

Looking forward to playing this, but I think I’ll wait for it to go Steam-side so all three versions of Peggle can keep eachother company… Or something.

18. SPEEDCORE says:

no steam release no care.

Erg just played demo, Need more Peggle!!!

Damn u steam!

19. MeestaNob! says:

Steam or it never happened!

Merely a formality, surely?

20. Andrew Wills says:

Amazing how our buying habits have changed… I too, will not be buying this… until the second it appears on Steam!

Yet a year ago, I would buy nothing on Steam, cos I wantedz teh boxes!

Chuffed there’s finally some more Peggle to get my teeth into though, and the wife will be overjoyed… I bought her Peggle last year, and she played for a week, solid!

21. TheApologist says:

Yep – I’ll wait for steam methinks

22. Tim E says:

Terrible DRM on this. Limited to five activations and I’m very, very angr…

/taps vein

OH. JESUS. NO. GOD. PEGGLE. FEVER. MUST. RESIST.

23. cliffski says:

wow. So this has the same limits as spore but nobody cares, and people refuse to buy a game unless valve approves of it?
    *sigh* irrational behaviour FTW!

24. t. carl says:

its not secuROM. and popcap is hardly draconian ea cust serv.

25. grey_painter says:

Its not so much about valve approving (we know they will) just that its neater to have it in steam. That and I suspect we might get a better deal with exchange rates this way.

26. Saflo says:

It’s more about the convenience, cliffski. I could buy it through PopCap, or I could buy it through Steam for (probably) the same price and have it bound to my account forever, which would also create an aesthetically pleasing Peggle trio in my games list.

I do kind of want the bucket, though.

27. caesarbear says:

Oh so DRM is only evil and “draconian” and worthy of internet mob rage when EA does it. But when cute lil Pop Cap does, it’s perfectly a-ok. None of you will mind making that phone call to reactivate, because now everything is different.

28. Flint says:

This. Also, achievements.

29. Blu says:

I am totally dominating (score wise) on the first 10 stages of Peggle nights you will see my name “Blu” as number 1 on the online score boards. I am a master.

30. Sevrokyhall says:

Im Sevroky ummmm Anyone Have Any Money For My Death Knight Or Do You Not Have World Of Warcraft Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Pants Need Pants For My Death Knight

31. Sevrokyhall says: