RPS At WAR: Rock Paper Snotling Is Formed

By Alec Meer on September 17th, 2008 at 2:00 pm.

And, at last, we have a Warhammer Online guild. Server – Karak-Hirn (EU), side – Destruction, name – Rock Paper Snotling. Yes. Yes!

In terms of joining, in the short term look out for one of these players:
Loaf (me), Misada (Kieron), Pop, Ugegob, Xanthor, Jeevaargh, Yarisse or Hansibo. Drop one of ‘em a line (saying you want to be in the guild, rather than a vague ‘hello”) and we should be able to get you in. Please do it in-game rather than in comments below, as we won’t necessarily notice otherwise.

More details as we creep closer to having some kind of plan. Sorting out the order Guild is going to be trickier. Any volunteers to handle it?

EDIT: Our friend Schizoslayer is going to try and set up the Order guild at 9:30 or so on Karak Eight Peaks. That means starting to queue now. The contact is Edgald. Just message him whenever you get in. Ah, ended up a bust.

, .

1. Gladman says:

PLAY.COM DIDN’T GIVE ME AN EARLY ACCESS CODE

What’s the guild name?

2. darkripper says:

Thumbs up! Will join when the game will be released.

3. mpk says:

Difficultderek will give someone a bell next time I’m ingame.

4. schizoslayer says:

I’m happy to sort out the Order guild on 8-peaks tonight around 8ish.

Edgald is the name. Burning Heretics is me game!

5. chesh says:

That name is just brilliant.

6. Gladman says:

Oh I see, edit your post to make it look like im an idiot.
    That’s a rather elaborate way to make a fool of someone who has commented nearly five times on your website don’t you think?

P.S
    What’s the likeyhood of the guild filling up before the servers go live for us regular folk? Play.com delivered the disk a day early, but no code.

Cheers.

7. Thesper says:

Aw yeah.

*Is smug about his guild-naming skills.*

8. Rudolf says:

the english server names are hillarious, karak this karak that xD

so rock paper snotling will enforce the correct treatment of those little fellas?

9. Ansob. says:

Play.com delivered the disk a day early, but no code.

GAME just dropped my copy of WAR through my mail slit; it’s a shame the headstart programme was only available from a select few places.

10. Gladman says:

Lolololol “Mail slit”.

What time do servers go live and we’re allowed to register our codes?

11. Katsumoto (jvgp100) says:

You will all have to let me know if the full launch tomorrow is a disaster – quite keen to play this but no point buying it until I know it’s stable. Will clearly be signing up to the guild asap!

Can’t wait to hear some more first impressions of the full release.

12. Dan Milburn says:

What time do servers go live and we’re allowed to register our codes?

8am CET.

13. mpk says:

8am CET.

Good luck with that btw, the launch has been so easy so far :p

14. Dan Milburn says:

I’m in the early access so yeah expect to spend a lot of time queueing tomorrow before you actually get to play..

Anyway, I would like to join the guild. Will try and log on in a bit.

15. cullnean says:

ill give it a month or two to calmdown/inevitable patching

16. Ophois says:

I’ll be on tonight (I think my character is called Sekhmet) and will try to get a message to one of you.

Quite excited really, I’ve never been in a guild from launch time (in fact I’ve only really been in one guild and it was tiny and didn’t last long). Being part of a much larger group should be interesting.

17. Ketch says:

Unfortunately, I started my character on a roleplay server, I would have joined this one to be in the guild but I can’t stand all the retards it’ll likely contain “1 GOLD PLZ” etc.

Nothing against you guys!

18. Jacques says:

Count me (Temper) in please.

19. Kacz says:

Ordered it last night off of Amazon… still waiting for my early access code. Regardless, getting the game tomorrow.

Anyone interested in a US EST time zone guild?

20. Gylfi says:

“Additionally, we can’t access the US servers, but are more than happy for some of you to found the American branch of Rock Paper Snotling on our behalf.”

21. Jacques says:

Gylfi, I think they just mean that they can’t access the servers to create a guild, that’s all.

22. Jeeva says:

So far, seems fun.
    A scenario that a good proportion of guild at the time was in did have a slight problem, though. Otherwise, seems fairly bug free.

…on the other hand, the recent sign-ups were a bit of a travesty, so… =\ Good luck all those not already in!
    I’ll see those who are online! ;)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh!

23. Erlam says:

Started up on Chaos Wastes as Destruction (Chosen named Asmodeus,) had quite a lot of fun last night. Did the PQ twice, but didn’t receive a single heal. Seems people are still working that process out ;)

I hear the Orc quests are some of the best ever in an MMO — how do I travel to there from the Chaos starting zone? Anyone know?

24. Ansob. says:

Yeah; it’s not like games used to not be region-locked and work fine, eh? Heaven forbid allowing those of us who socialise beyond our borders to play with their friends.

25. Jacques says:

Erlam, I was doing a PQ earlier in a group that had a few zealots, there was no healing to be had, even though I was tanking 3 champion mobs by myself.

26. mpk says:

One of the joys of EVE is jumping into a random system to find that the local chat is in Cyrillic. It helps to keep space feeling huge. Babelfish chat is always good too.

27. John P (Katsumoto) says:

I just hope the server doesn’t get full up by the time I eventually log on this weekend at some point ;) Hopefully they have enough to deal with demand

28. Nullh says:

I’ve been impressed by the lack of game spoiling idiots so far. I’m sure they’ll come but at the minute things are quite on the eejit front.
    Also, the queue for the server is already filling up.

29. Nick says:

“I don’t get it, you bought the EU game version and expected to be able to log into the US servers?”

This is a trend that is starting to fuck me off greatly. It’s an online game, I have a few very close friends whom I have played online games with for nearly 10 years and yet if I want to play with them on any of the new MMOs I have to try and get a US copy or spoof the accounts guys somehow. What the fuck is the reason for that, cause there isn’t a good one.

30. KindredPhantom says:

Why do they insist on region locking the game? What harm is it to open up the virtual borders?

31. Gladman says:

Immense lag?

32. Edward Blake says:

Count me in.

In game name is Mosfet and I’m a Marauder

33. Esha says:

I’ve been avoiding Karak Hirn of late due to the queues it had, and I’ve been playing around some other servers. I’m stoned tired right now though having been up since 4-5AM~ (hence the odd post I made in the Valve/Google thread, I’m sure my mind picks up some odd chemical imbalance when I’m sleep deprived, or perhaps that happens to everyone), so I might not hop on tonight but I’ll be on bright and early tomorrow to try and be the large and somewhat ugly duckling bird Orc that catches the proverbial worm.

Groo will be said Orc’s name. And you’d best prepare yourselves, I’ve been practicing my Greenskin accent… on many unfortunate people.

34. cyrenic says:

@Erlam

Follow the main road down past the southern border of the starter zone. It will eventually lead you to the first chaos “warcamp”, and there’s a flight master there that will let you fly to the other race’s zones.

More info: http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68904

35. Ansob. says:

I ‘ave a queshun for da man wot does da talkin’. Does ‘e tink ‘e ‘as enuff dakka?

(Okay, so I’m cross-setting cheating. It used to be I’d be right, back in the day…)

36. parm says:

So, what’s the ettiquette for asking for guild membership? Do we need to actually be near an existing guild member, or do we just whisper to one of them?

I’m Parm, Squig Herder.

37. jambamagamba says:

Grogga will be in touch. toodle pip!

38. Kieron Gillen says:

Parm: Just /tell one of the people on the list that you want to join, and they should invite you.

KG

39. parm says:

Kieron: Well, I tried /tell-ing you earlier and didn’t get a reply :)

I’m back in the queue now so I’ll try again… I’m getting to know the title-screen music quite well now.

40. The Poisoned Sponge says:

Yeah, I’ve had a few people just whisper me, and after a series of gruelling questions, a few of them have been deemed worthy of an invite. I’m ‘Ugegob, btw.

I shall ask yee, these questions three….

41. mathew says:

I am super sad I can’t access the EU servers ;_;

42. Kieron Gillen says:

Parm: Sorry – in play you can miss messages and that. Worth trying multiple people n the list :)

KG

43. Nick says:

“Immense lag?”

Hasn’t happened in any of the other MMOs that weren’tr region locked.

44. parm says:

I’m in now, hurrah! It’s playing much better now I’ve upgraded my video drivers, too.

45. jambamagamba says:

Just had a look at the guild rewards, noticed guild taxes at next level! I propose a tax on not wearing puffy pants.

46. Ophois says:

Woot! I’m in the guild.

My copy of WAR then proceded to crash out on me when I tried to go back to full screen, but thats a trivial matter of a 25 minute wait to log back in :)

See you all soon.

47. Kieron Gillen says:

As the update to the post says, there’s going to be an attempt to sort out the Order side right now. Re-read the post!

KG

48. Ging says:

I’ll be one of the dirty masses getting online tomorrow, so I’ll be throwing myself upon the mercies of the queue keepers to get on and get started, hurray!

49. Morningoil says:

Any preference for classes? I can’t decide what I want to play :o

50. Thesper says:

Ranged dps (eg. sorceress) or any of the healing classes would be good, I reckon. I hear Shamans are fun to play, from open beta I know they’re certainly hard to kill!