World Of Goo-d News For October

By John Walker on September 22nd, 2008 at 11:59 am.

It's good advice.

Some World Of Goo semi-news. While the boxed PC edition has been confirmed for the first week of November, we can confirm that those buying it digitally will be able to get it in October from 2D Boy’s site, and to-be-announced online distribution portals. The indie devs can’t yet pin down exactly when in October, but we’ve played it from top to bottom and can tell you there’s nary a need for another moment’s development. It is, beyond belief, wondrous.

We have a lot to say about it, but we don’t want to annoy you by overly-hyping up for a game you can’t get yet. So instead, we say this: If you didn’t get it originally five hundred years ago, pre-order this game now. Get the first chapter, play it to bits, and start anticipating. Er, that’s annoyingly hyping it up when you can’t play it yet, isn’t it? Sorry.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Meat Circus says:

Make me have this now please.

I need something to drag me away from the malign influence of Rock Paper Snotling.

I can’t wait for this. There was a sense of… consistency playing through chapter one, where everything just works together, the mechanics, the atmosphere, the aesthetics, the music, and even the inescapable bond you form with the little blobby sods.

October is too far away.

2. The Sombrero Kid says:

still waiting to see if it comes out on steam cause i’d rather have it there, can’t wait though

3. EyeMessiah says:

I think I played tower of goo, which must have been this games ancestor. Will buy world of goo.

4. Jonathan says:

Best screen shot ever.
    I giggle every time I see it.
    It’s finally replaced the owl and the taffy from White Ninja as funniest drawing I’ve ever seen.

5. Stuk says:

Ahh yes! Pre ordered this a while ago and it’s fantastic. Shame on anyone who doesn’t buy it.

Seriously, it’s great. Worth every penny :)

6. Chris Evans says:

I pre-ordered this way back when and can’t frickin wait for the full game to come out. The first chapter just worked perfectly, can’t wait for more of it.

7. Salazaar says:

I’m all goo-ey with excitement!

8. Esha says:

I can’t believe how much I’m looking forward to this one, I’m actually as eager to play this as I am LittleBigPlanet and that’s absurd because I’ve been waiting for LBP since what seems like forever and a smidgen.

And it’s not because they’re marketing geniuses either, but rather because this game is so bloody fun to play. If I have any sort of credibility, then those who can trust in it can know that it has my wholehearted recommendation. It’s not an experience, a story, or anything of the likes. It’s just a really good game that’s fun to play.

And everyone’s going nuts over it because of that.

How long’s it been since that happened? I’m not sure I can even remember when that happened last.

Bloody indie developers, up-ending all that I’ve come to know and accept about the games industry. But I love them for it.

9. Chris says:

Why no free demo? Wouldn’t that do more for them then a demo you have pre-buy the game to play?

10. Therlun says:

I’m sure it has something to do with their brick&mortar publishing deal, but not releasing the download version of the game when its gold already really annoys me…

11. cyrenic says:

@Therlun

I hear you man. It’s the same deal with Valve games on Steam, developers are still a slave to the brick and mortar. Maybe in another few years things will be different.

12. Lorc says:

Woo – pre-order in place. The lure of the profanity pack (also the superbly cinematic trailers, but mostly the profanity pack) was too great to resist.

If only I’d had the foresight to order earlier, before the puny American dollar got propped up a little. Still, at least they let me pay in GBP. Unlike certain *POPCAP* game companies who think that exchange rates are something that happens to other people.

13. Doug F says:

So I’m not entirely clear. Should I preorder this?

14. Weylund says:

Yes. Yes, I think it is unavoidable.

Ever read the Stephen King story “The Mangler”? It’s actually rather excellent. World of Goo is like the end of that: the horror, heretofore immobile, has escaped into our world, and all is death.

Goo is inevitable. Goo has already happened. Your only choice is how you will succumb.

15. Shadowcat says:

Pre-order made. It’s all your fault if I hate it :)

16. Jim Rossignol says:

I believe only genuinely evil people could hate this game.

17. Björn says:

I so want this. I’m really happy for them for getting picked up for a console version, but damn, the game was supposed to come out in February :/

Glad there’s only about a month left of waiting now though.

18. MedO says:

You hyped me into pre-ordering! You [profanity pack required for display] [profanity pack required for display]!