Zombie Cow: No Plans To Make Forthcoming Sequel

By John Walker on September 24th, 2008 at 11:04 pm.

If you didn't already, you should.

The fellows at Zombie Cow, behind the completely fantastic Ben There, Dan That ! , have announced the news that there definitely won’t be a sequel to the adventure game. No sirree. Not a chance. And want to know what should go in it.

“Oooh, Ben There, Dan That!, eh? Ended on a bit of a cliffhanger, didn’t it? I wonder how veritable heroes Dan and Ben get out of that one. Shame there’ll never ever be a sequel, simply because Donationware doesn’t really bring in enough cold, hard cash to make it economically viable.”

So convinced are they that no follow-up will happen that they’re asking for suggestions of what people would want to see in a sequel they’re absolutely not going to make. Things that aren’t planned for the game that doesn’t exist currently include:

Already on the list:

- Smaller and tighter.
– Better puzzles.
– Marginally nicer graphics.
More jokes about wanking less jokes about wanking.”

You can add your own in their thread. Oh, and if you’re one of the 10,000 people who played it, give them some money you tight bastard.

Squiggly blood is the best kind.

Meanwhile, ZC are pimping their older games, with demos for Gibbage and Cruxade appearing over on GamersHell. Gibbage is 2-player 2D cartoon deathmatch, which now only costs a measly £3. It’s cute, retro, and about two people have a fun time at the same keyboard. And splurting blood everywhere and blowing each other’s heads off. Cruxade is the colour-match puzzle every indie developer is apparently required to make. It’s not that bad, and only a tenner.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Samer says:

I’ve discovered my love for adventure games with Ben ‘Yahtzee’ Crowshaw’s games, so I have to download Ben There, Dan That.

2. AlexW says:

Never mention those games again. Ever. Nightmares are not fun.

However, pondering whether the un-announcement of a sequel is reverse psychology or double reverse psychology IS fun. Especially when the un-announcers are known for being good at writing and rather odd. Place your un-bets, people.

3. Ted says:

I would have gladly given them money if they made it easier for me to do so. I have credit cards like a normal human, so I’m not setting up a paypal account I have no use for just to give these guys money.

4. Laukkei says:

You can pay by credit card. Click the link here, scroll down to the donation link, and fill in your details on the left… (unless that’s a veiled sign up?)

5. Robin says:

I haven’t looked at this specific setup Ted, but I was under the impression that you didn’t need a PayPal account to give money via PayPal these days.

Re: BTDT(!), it was a good free point and click adventure. To develop it into a paying proposition I think would demand an unrealistic amount of extra content and polish when there’s stuff like Telltale’s games and Grimm available. But then, Geometry Wars, Rag Doll Kungfu and Alien Hominid have shown that even the smallest offcuts cluttering up developers hard disks can and will be flogged to someone.

6. NoNamePls says:

In other news, Midway is offering a free ad based version of The Suffering:

7. Heliocentric says:

Thats happening to quite a few console hits pc failures. Becoming free i mean. Makes sense really cashing in on what is other wise 0 income on a property and raise its profile for sequals.

8. Dan says:

Thanks John!

Donations are handled through PayPal, but you don’t need an account, you can pay by card. Click on the big orange button on this page, and down towards the bottom there’s a bit that says:

Don’t have a PayPal account?
    Use your credit card or bank account

Click there for card love. All donations are gratefully received, and every penny goes towards making more games, not on smack, which is where all Introversion’s money goes, FYI.

And please do let us know the bits and bobs you liked/ disliked in BTDT, just on the off chance that there’s a sequel (there won’t be a sequel). Thanks!

9. Acosta says:

Sounds like a good argument to not make a sequel, I need to try this (and pay if I enjoy it). It’s too bad that the best economical models for consumers based on confidence (I make something, you pay if you want) go the way down the toilet most times.

This reminds me I need to make a new RPS subscription as the last one was canceled because a change of credit cards.

10. Ted says:

Thanks, either I was confused last time I tried to donate or they updated it. I just gave them 10 pounds. Sorry about the crappy exchange rate, that probably seems like a lot less in the U.K. than it does in the U.S.