WIN: Geo-Political Simulator, Plus Loot

By Jim Rossignol on October 2nd, 2008 at 9:01 am.

Read onwards for details on how to win including copies of the splendid (and topical) Geo-Political Simulator and another noise-capable Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum – Fatal1ty Champion Edition soundcard.

And it’s another UK-only competition, I’m afraid. (Don’t blame us! Blame the boring old US companies who don’t seem to love our 120,000-strong US readership! Yeah. American companies: send us compo prizes!)

Clickwards for details on prizes and entries. We’ve also got the details of the last Endless Universe compo winners below. Woo!

These are the prizes you face:

1st Prize! Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum – Fatal1ty Champion, and a copy of the game.

2nd Prize! Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset and the game.

3rd Prize A copy of that Geo-Political Simulator game. It sure is a fun time!

To win you must send an email to this address. In it you must include your UK mailing address (just in case you win) and your answer to the following question:

If you had to make a law tomorrow, what would that law be, and why?

Answers by the 8th of October please!

Endless Universe Winners:

1st – Gordon Poole, London

2nd – Kim Allen, Southampton

3rd – Ross Meredith, Hereford

Prizes are in the post.

, .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Kismet says:

Nice mail subject!

*hoards food and water*

2. Nuyan says:

Hmm, never heard of that ‘simulator’ before. It’s the sort of game I’m interested in though, I don’t see why you’d use 3d graphics for it however.

3. Klaus says:

And it’s another UK-only competition
    There will never again be a British America!!

“When I’m competing, I need top-class performance and the most realistic sound to help me know where my opponents are. Sound Blaster X-Fi really delivers for me… there is nothing faster or better.” LOL, sry.

4. mandrill says:

Had me all excited there you bad men! The last compo you started was the Warhammer online one (which I entered) not the Endless Universe one. Though just to clarify you might want to link back to the original competition post when listing the results, just so we can be sure.

5. Yhancik says:

“What about euro…” was I going to ask, when I realized we’re not supposed to read blogs written in English :p

6. Jonas says:

Though they often deny it, the UK is technically part of Europe.

7. Urael says:

lol@Jonas. Sorry, can’t hear you. Too busy gazing adoringly across the Atlantic clutching my draft petition to become the 51st state.

8. AlexW says:

Are entries supposed to be funny?

And luckily we have that nice stretch of water and a decent Navy so we can avoid being absorbed utterly into the depressing collective of the European Union. Though somehow the French still manage to smuggle countless illegal immigrants into our country.

9. Bobsy says:

Oh, Fatal One Tea, you’re truly the finest of gaming beverages. I think it’s smashing that you’re now in league with Creative so that we may now hear your tea as well as taste it.

10. Jochen Scheisse says:

The 51st state is a part of Europe? Now that sounds wrong in a funny way.

11. Rei Onryou says:

So what were the Endless Universe winners’ entries? Surely if they were brilliant enough to please you, the least you can do is share them with us.

As for the law, it’d have to be legalising punching slow moving people or people that stop for no reason in the back of the head. I guarantee people will become more efficient walkers.

12. Chris Evans says:

For the first time in ages I have entered an RPS Comp :D

13. roryok says:

Wow.

I could mention that Ireland is also part of the EU, and we have even more water between us and ‘them’, but you’d probably just call me a stupid paddy.

14. Gap Gen says:

It’s funny, because apparently the UK can maintain its geopolitical influence in the face of the huge developing economies without joining an economic alliance with nearby, like-minded countries. Who’d have thought?

And thank god for the Royal Navy continuing to keep the Frenchies out.

15. Shadowmancer says:

Why cant we have graphics cards instead of sound cards rps?

16. James G says:

@roryok
    AlexW doesn’t speak for all Brits, although unfortunately — from the position of this Europhile at least — his is not a minority position.

17. Jochen Scheisse says:

The Brits are in most economical EU thingies.

18. Nick says:

Wait, the Royal Navy still has a decent fleet? Since when?

(edit)

Gap Gen was being sarcastic I believe.

19. Jochen Scheisse says:

I see. I don’t know anything about the British fleet I have to admit, so that one was kind of lost on me.

20. Gap Gen says:

Correctissimo.

21. Optimaximal says:

Though they often deny it, the UK is technically part of Europe.

I prefer too look at it as we pick and choose to be part of Europe as it suits us :)

We’ll be spending €’s when they’re worth more than our pounds.

22. roryok says:

@James G

Yeah I know, but I couldn’t let him away with it all the same. You lot will come around eventually I reckon.

23. roryok says:

We’ll be spending €’s when they’re worth more than our pounds.

Give it two weeks then. :-P

24. KingMob says:

Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum – Fatal1ty Champion Edition
    Be honest. You made this name up.

25. AlexW says:

Oh, right. I forgot the Internet fails to convey jokes well.

This is RPS, guys. We’re allowed to make fun of Britain not using the Euro if we want to.

26. roryok says:

Oh, right. I forgot the Internet fails to convey jokes well.

It often does. sorry if I mis-interpreted you. Someone should invent some sort of sarcasm flag for comments.

no really!

27. Troy Goodfellow says:

I’ve used many words to describe Geo Political Simulator. But never “splendid”