Strafe Left: The Formative Years #53

By Tim Stone on November 2nd, 2008 at 9:30 am.

From Feb 08, an SL that never made it into print.

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. KindredPhantom says:

Ah Frontlines Fuel Of War, a battlefield clone that is quite fun.

2. Optimaximal says:

Even mechanical surveillance droids are perverted!

3. Urael says:

Eww. Considering most Nuns I’ve ever seen are over 50….

*retches violently*

4. Ben Abraham says:

No wonder it never saw the light of day. /mock-horrified

5. BrokenSymmetry says:

Frontlines has to be one of the most underrated games of this year. I was genuinely surprised by its single-player campaign with its non-scripted battlefield with many options, all its fun-to-use toys, and its interesting story premise. It has some great (and huge) multiplayer maps, but what made that part of the game was the way it sounds. Gun sounds echoing through the valleys, the sound of rapid tank salvos, all very good.

6. Heliocentric says:

I’m worried, ea are taking bf in a direction i’m not all that impressed with (bad company, not heroes but 16 players is worrying) and i’m not sure anyone else is going to pick up the gameplay. Quake wars was overly focused and scripted. Frontlines too suffered from smaller fields of battle and the presence of unlocks. I prey ea continue to support mods even though they work in spite of their expansions or my game of choice will become a ten year old relic before long.

Frontlines is avialable for less than a tenner new these days.

7. plague says:

There’s no way EA won’t make a BF 3. And if they were going to take it in the direction of Bad Company, they would have just called Bad Company BF 3. Nothing to worry about.

8. Dreamhacker says:

I want BF3 with Canada-vs-North Korea-vs-UAE and 84 player maps! :P

9. Conquests.of. says:

Lol I love nuns, we need more nuns in our films.

10. Nick says:

I think it’s a catholic girls (possibly boarding) school rather than a convant. At least, that’s what I’d assume.

Yay for Strafe Left I hadn’t seen before!

11. x25killa says:

Did it explode over those nuns? The machine that is, not the man…

12. CannibalChris says:

Wasn’t terribly ammused by this one, mostly because I don’t know the source material, nor do I find 60 year olds attractive.

13. Gorgeras says:

They only look old because of the penguin clothes. When they take them off they’re all 19-year old tennis players.

14. gorgonzola blue says:

too retarded even for a british gaming rag

15. Ergates says:

“too retarded even for a british gaming rag”
    That doesn’t even make gramatical sense. What is “too retarded”? The cartoon? one of the previous comments? your mother?

Go back and start again.

16. gorgonzola blue says:

Aye Sir, the drawings. I was hunkering when I saw it on the webbie

17. dmauro says:

It’s going into the showers at an all girls Catholic school, it’s not going to peak on old nuns.

18. zach wilson says:

I have a huge older-nun-shaving-in-the-shower fetish, so I’m right there with the OP

19. Kevin Lee says:

I also have no problems with old nuns. If it’s something that you can say that you’ve done that no one else has, then I say, it’s a worthy excursion.

20. Will says:

Considering this game was made by the same people that modded bf1942 into the greatness that was Desert Combat, It turned out to be pants. Essentially, what you got at the time of release was a budget game at the price of a blockbuster. Pale in comparison to the battlefield series and buggy as all f*^& to boot, I regret buying this game in the first place. Only cool thing was the remote vehicles, and even they turned out to be better in theory than execution.